Costco Verizon S4 bundle?

addicted2tech

May 31, 2011
Visit site
It shows it on the listing under the photo of the phone, and if you click "see details" by the free activation, shipping, accessories.

ishot-2.jpg

It's a 3 in 1 charger, reusable case, 2 leather cases, and a screen protector.

grandam3400

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I just saw this too... although it looks pretty cheap and I am not sure if its really an incentive for me. I'd probably hate what was there and end up buying accessories that I actually like.

Branden Jew

May 23, 2013
Visit site
I ordered my Verizon S4 through Costco.com on the 13th. It was charged to my account today and should be here this weekend. The bundle that comes with it is alright but I already bought a Otterbox Defender for my S4. It does come with a free car charger which is useful.

The best thing about buying from Costco is lower taxes. If you buy directly from Verizon stores, they will charge you tax on $650 retail price of the phone no matter if you get a contract or not. At Costco, if you get the $199 contract; you will only get taxed on that amount.

Shopping at Costco saved me about $50 in taxes.

addicted2tech

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I just picked up my phone from costco. It came with all that stuff and it also came with silicone or plastic case that fits the phone perfectly too.

I paid $222 for the phone. It's $249 with a $50 instant rebate (so $199). Then tax was based on the $249 price, which for me in LA County was about $22.41.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I just saw this too... although it looks pretty cheap and I am not sure if its really an incentive for me. I'd probably hate what was there and end up buying accessories that I actually like.

Exactly. I wouldn't use any of the stuff they bundle. Hence the reason they bundle that stuff.....haha.

snookasnoo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
The stuff they bundle is pretty much junk.
They are able to waive the upgrade fee which at $35 is a total ripoff since it's all handled by computers anyway.
Also as others have said you pay tax on the wholesale price instead of the full price.
They still don't have the 32 GB AT&T S 4 and claim at my local store (Dana Point, Ca.) that they never will so if you want 32 GB on AT&T or when and if the 32 GB comes to Verizon you probably won't be able to get it at Costco.
Its the place to go if you want an HTC One on AT&T though..$129.

Stakeouttoo

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I picked up my S4 from the local Costco a couple of days ago.. always get my phones there.. nice folks who are pretty helpful.. no hard sell ..at least not at the Coscto we go to...

the 'black case with the accessories' mentioned.. as well as the clear rubberized outer shell case comes with it.. it was $199 + tax... also there's a $35 rebate for phone activation from Costco for my upgrade that Verizon charges--I came out of a Droid 3...

no one has mentioned this but one of the main reasons I get my phones at Costco... they have a 90 day return policy to exchange a phone( I've had occasion to use it in the past).. once you sign the 2 year contract you have14 days to get out of it--then you are locked in---same same as if you went to a Verizon store.... but that 90 days return policy on the phone sure beats most any other store to get it...

Last edited:

snookasnoo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I wasn't aware of that..I could swear they told me 14. Are you saying to exchange your phone for one of the same model or one of a different model?

I picked up my S4 from the local Costco a couple of days ago.. always get my phones there.. nice folks who are pretty helpful.. no hard sell ..at least not at the Coscto we go to...

the 'black case with the accessories' mentioned.. as well as the clear rubberized outer shell case comes with it.. it was $199 + tax... also there's a $35 rebate for phone activation from Costco for my upgrade that Verizon charges--I came out of a Droid 3...

no one has mentioned this but one of the main reasons I get my phones at Costco... they have a 90 day return policy to exchange a phone( I've had occasion to use it in the past).. once you sign the 2 year contract you have14 days to get out of it--then you are locked in---same same as if you went to a Verizon store.... but that 90 days return policy on the phone sure beats most any other store to get it...

Stakeouttoo

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I wasn't aware of that..I could swear they told me 14. Are you saying to exchange your phone for one of the same model or one of a different model?

that's what I was told by my local Costco--'either or'--- exchange OR a different model.....I returned a new Droid 2 for a Droid 3 within the 90 days think it was 2 years or so ago--about the time when the unlimited plan was going to be grandfathered in because I needed a Global phone for traveling out of the country.... no questions asked... my BIL who resides in NY also was told that and used it on a prior occasion as well.... it is DEFINITELY 90 days return of the phone.. but it is 14 days to cancel the contract.. after the 14 days you are locked into the contract just like you would be at a regular Verizon store..but in the Verizon store you only have 14 days to return a phone...

RLangerman

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Here is the return policy directly from the website:

RETURN POLICY

Costco.com's return policy for any Wireless Advocates merchandise obtained through this website is 90 days from the original date of purchase. You must ship your merchandise in back to Wireless Advocates in like - new condition for a full refund. Merchandise should not be returned to a Costco store. All returns must be accompanied by a return authorization form which can be obtained from our Customer Service Team. Customer Service Team. Our distribution center is not able to process refunds for returns received without a return authorization.

Within 90 days you may receive a refund on the handset itself. However, you will still be responsible for any applicable early termination fees if service is canceled after the Trial Period. The Trial Period varies by carrier and State. See carrier Cancellation Policy for details.

Once the product is received back at our distribution center, a refund for the full purchase amount will be credited back to the card used for payment.

Damaged or Defective Merchandise Returns

If your merchandise arrives damaged or defective, please contact our customer service representatives immediately. We will send a return authorization form to you to return the damaged or defective merchandise back to us.

Once the product is received back at our distribution center, a refund for the full purchase amount will be credited back to the card used for payment.

Service Agreements

Costco.com only sells cellular phones to customers who sign a new activation agreement, or who qualify for an upgrade and sign a qualified contract extension with their respective carrier. Costco is unable to exchange or sell a replacement phone after the Carrier Trial Period ends.

The handset(s) you purchased reflects a discount based on activation of a service agreement with a wireless carrier. If for any reason you cancel your service or your service is terminated within 90 days of activation, the handset(s) you purchased must be returned in accordance with this return policy so we can continue to offer a value to Costco.com customers.​

Don't know whether you get the same terms and pricing in the stores. Does anyone have info on this? I might want to just drive down to my local Costco and pick up the phone.

Stakeouttoo

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Don't know whether you get the same terms and pricing in the stores. Does anyone have info on this? I might want to just drive down to my local Costco and pick up the phone.

all I can say is that I always purchase thru the local Costco store...that is the return policy 90 days on the PHONE in the store.. never had any problems or trouble returning a phone within that 90 days.. if anyone is a Costco member just go into your local store and confirm... I know what it is for us in our store..don't forget it is only a 14 day policy to cancel your CONTRACT.. but the return for a new phone is definitely 90 days

joemontana

May 26, 2013
Visit site
I always buy from Costco. The salesmen I like there is Kent. If you are ever in the Kalispell Costco and have a question or need a phone, ask for Kent. He is really knowledgeable.
As for the large zippered case, I had to throw it away. It smelled strongly of cigarette smoke and I'm allergic.
Joe

the 'black case with the accessories' mentioned.. as well as the clear .

Posted via Android Central App

Stakeouttoo

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I always buy from Costco. The salesmen I like there is Kent. If you are ever in the Kalispell Costco and have a question or need a phone, ask for Kent. He is really knowledgeable.
As for the large zippered case, I had to throw it away. It smelled strongly of cigarette smoke and I'm allergic.
Joe

I'm sure if you would have gone back with that zippered case and told them about it.. they would have exchanged it for a new one

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084