08-05-2013 10:49 AM
52 123
tools
    the payment plan works even if you're still in contract.
    here are some details, if it matters: i was at a corporate store and i'm under contract until december 2013.
    i also bought the viewfinder flip case, so my total came out to $126.50 after taxes (palatine, il).
    my payments are $56.16 ontop of my current plan.
    05-24-2013 08:24 PM
    the payment plan works even if you're still in contract.
    here are some details, if it matters: i was at a corporate store and i'm under contract until december 2013.
    i also bought the viewfinder flip case, so my total came out to $126.50 after taxes (palatine, il).
    my payments are $56.16 ontop of my current plan.
    So your total was $744 and some change??
    05-24-2013 08:43 PM
    So your total was $744 and some change??
    a little less than that.
    here's what it looks like on my receipt just in case anyone is wondering what to expect when they go get the phone:
    device loan payment: $649.99
    device installment (1 of 12): $54.23
    finance charge (1 of 12): $2.00
    plus, $59.99 for the s-view flip cover
    il local sales tax: $3.14
    il state sales tax: $7.14
    total: $722.26
    this payment: $126.50
    05-25-2013 02:16 PM
    I just used the loophole with the store manager and got the S4 yesterday. Wife decided to wash my sons IP4 in the wash so I upgraded and handed the S3 to the my son. The loophole still works quite well.
    05-25-2013 03:20 PM
    I just used the loophole with the store manager and got the S4 yesterday. Wife decided to wash my sons IP4 in the wash so I upgraded and handed the S3 to the my son. The loophole still works quite well.
    What loophole do you speak of?
    05-25-2013 04:31 PM
    What loophole do you speak of?
    The dumb line loophole.
    05-25-2013 07:03 PM
    Can confirm the payment plan working if you're still in contract. My contract doesn't expire until Dec of this year, eligible for an upgrade in August. Didn't wanna lose my unlimited data so I went to a store yesterday and paid around $90 down and it came out to an additional $54 or so a month. The $90 covered first month's payment and taxes.
    05-25-2013 07:15 PM
    I went in to the corp store and they told me i Do Not qualify for the payment plan... Never been late.. have 2 lines and I am not eligible until 2/27/14.... WTF.... Do you think if I as for the MGR i could get this????
    05-26-2013 11:45 AM
    If you wanted to upgrade but have to wait another year could I push my upgrade to get the s4? Or does Verizon not let you do that?
    05-26-2013 12:34 PM
    I went in to the corp store and they told me i Do Not qualify for the payment plan... Never been late.. have 2 lines and I am not eligible until 2/27/14.... WTF.... Do you think if I as for the MGR i could get this????
    Did they tell you why?
    05-26-2013 03:46 PM
    Go to another store. I went to one store and they told me I would lose my unlimited. I went to another store and BOOM GS4 is in my hand. I paid roughly $100 out the door not including accessories and it will be about $55 a month for the oth 11 months.

05-26-2013 03:58 PM
    I did the payment plan as well. Here's the thing. Stores hate doing it and don't want to sell a phone full retail. Especially if you don't get accessories for it. It hurts their numbers bad. I picked up a window flip cover just to not hurt the stores accessory per handset numbers to bad.

I put down 370 that's with case and first months payment. After that it's 35 a month for me but I plan on selling my note 2 or DROID dna I have and just going to pay it off completely ASAP. I only did the plan to give myself more time to sell what I have.

Not to mention I had a upgrade on another line available but I didn't feel like extended that lines contract.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Android Central Forums
    05-26-2013 05:11 PM
    Yeah I did buy the shell combo holster and a screen protector.
    05-26-2013 05:20 PM
    I know that the sales associates get a commission for selling service contracts and accessories. The best money was always the two year contract. Back when you could choose a one year or two year contract, the sales associates would always try to convince me the two year contract was the best option.

I bought my DInc2 full retail at a VZW store. I told the sales associate what I wanted. She didn't blink nor did she pitch a subsidized phone. I think your in store experience is going to vary from sales associate to sales associate (obvious I know). An SA that has already made bonus probably won't care if you go payment plan or subsidy. Just a guess though.

I did the payment plan as well. Here's the thing. Stores hate doing it and don't want to sell a phone full retail. Especially if you don't get accessories for it. It hurts their numbers bad. I picked up a window flip cover just to not hurt the stores accessory per handset numbers to bad.

I put down 370 that's with case and first months payment. After that it's 35 a month for me but I plan on selling my note 2 or DROID dna I have and just going to pay it off completely ASAP. I only did the plan to give myself more time to sell what I have.

Not to mention I had a upgrade on another line available but I didn't feel like extended that lines contract.

05-26-2013 06:42 PM
    how to fix play store on Samsung Galaxy S3 ? When I am trying to open it it turns black and shuts down in 1 sec so how to fix it? Thank u in advance pal
    05-28-2013 06:44 AM
    how to fix play store on Samsung Galaxy S3 ? When I am trying to open it it turns black and shuts down in 1 sec so how to fix it? Thank u in advance pal
    I have heard of this happening. It was due to a service being disabled. Might want to check that. If that does not work, you may have to do a full reset of the phone.
    05-28-2013 08:42 AM
    One of my lines had an upgrade available, so I purchased through WireFly for $175 - WOOT. The second line on my account did not have an upgrade available until 8/2014. I was able to go in store and spread the payment of the phone over my next 12 statements.
    05-29-2013 07:46 PM
    I guess unlimited want a concern for you if you upgraded at wire fly

<<<Sent from my Rooted (soon to be) 64+ gig Rezound!>>>
    05-31-2013 10:16 AM
    I'm still in a contract and got the s 4. I paid $153 download and $53 extra a month for a year.
    06-01-2013 11:42 AM
    Bought my S4 this morning with the payment plan. The sales rep wasn't thrilled and tried to convince me to do otherwise. I almost got in an argument with the manager who came up and told me that they could still pull my unlimited data since I took advantage of a promotion...This was just a BS scare tactic so I didn't worry about it. Walked out the proud owner of a Black Mist s4!
    06-01-2013 01:38 PM
    Bought my S4 this morning with the payment plan. The sales rep wasn't thrilled and tried to convince me to do otherwise. I almost got in an argument with the manager who came up and told me that they could still pull my unlimited data since I took advantage of a promotion...This was just a BS scare tactic so I didn't worry about it. Walked out the proud owner of a Black Mist s4!
    That was one ballsy manager.

I wonder how much marketshare T-Mobile and Sprint are acquiring with their unlimited plans

06-01-2013 05:44 PM
    That was one ballsy manager.

I wonder how much marketshare T-Mobile and Sprint are acquiring with their unlimited plans

I think about Cricket as well. Granted Verizon has LTE almost everywhere I go, but they also take features out of the GS4 that other carriers do not. They also add a lot of their own bloatware on an already limited space device. Cricket mainly puts on their music app, but at least they leave the Samsung apps alone. Then there is the cost per month. Almost tempted to go with them instead of Verizon.
    06-01-2013 06:35 PM
    I know that the sales associates get a commission for selling service contracts and accessories. The best money was always the two year contract. Back when you could choose a one year or two year contract, the sales associates would always try to convince me the two year contract was the best option.

I bought my DInc2 full retail at a VZW store. I told the sales associate what I wanted. She didn't blink nor did she pitch a subsidized phone. I think your in store experience is going to vary from sales associate to sales associate (obvious I know). An SA that has already made bonus probably won't care if you go payment plan or subsidy. Just a guess though.
    Things have changed. .. renewals don't really matter and make me little money. It's actually not tracked except for in commission statement... if you came to me I would do it only because I had to go far far far too find unlimited data and think it's crazy that they got rid of it. ... the accessories is the big thing. .. huge push to sell "x" dollars per device no questions asked. .. will get written up and fired if don't meet the expectations. The thing that irritates me is if you are savvy enough to figure out how to keep the unlimited and don't want to deal with store reps why not order the phone online and overnight it. That's how I order everything then no one gets dinged. Just my two cents.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
    06-02-2013 12:56 AM
    I used to be a sales rep for Verizon. I try everything I can not to do a sale that hurts reps but unfortunately Verizon payment plan only allows you to do it in store. I tried to do it online and phone but was told it can only be done in stores. I think this is done to get people to the stores so reps can try and sell more to them.

I know how tough it is now. It's a shame how things are. I'm a brand rep and visit all carrier locations and between Verizon and att I don't know who's morale is lower. I'm glad I got out when I did, I struggled having a 60 accessory rev average. Now it's crazy.

06-02-2013 11:16 AM
    I used to be a sales rep for Verizon. I try everything I can not to do a sale that hurts reps but unfortunately Verizon payment plan only allows you to do it in store. I tried to do it online and phone but was told it can only be done in stores. I think this is done to get people to the stores so reps can try and sell more to them.

I know how tough it is now. It's a shame how things are. I'm a brand rep and visit all carrier locations and between Verizon and att I don't know who's morale is lower. I'm glad I got out when I did, I struggled having a 60 accessory rev average. Now it's crazy.

This is quickly becoming a support group thread for ex Verizon sales reps! I too suffered under Verizon's weighty yoke for six years.

When I first started I was making 60k$ per year. They came in with that bucket system and I struggled to break 40k$.

I only hate going back seeing my old friends still there

06-03-2013 06:23 PM
52 123