Verizon new payment plan

jscarano

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone that doesnt have an upgrade yet used the new payment plan where you pay so much for 12 months? How much was it in store ?

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone that doesnt have an upgrade yet used the new payment plan where you pay so much for 12 months? How much was it in store ?

According to this, it says "a new full priced smartphone, tablet or the Samsung Galaxy Camera? and pay for it in 12 equal monthly installments". I'm not certain if you can add a subsidized device. I know you used to be able to add $400 to your bill as long as you were in good standing with Verizon, but the full amount was due at your next billing cycle.

Device Payment Program FAQs | Verizon Wireless

They do tack on a $2 fee for each month you pay it out. So you'd be paying about $64.50 a month on a $750 device.

jscarano

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Yea I was thinking it would be an additional 50-60 bucks a month. I was just wondering what I have to pay in store today if I try and get it.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Yea I was thinking it would be an additional 50-60 bucks a month. I was just wondering what I have to pay in store today if I try and get it.

Worst case maybe the first months payment? Give your local store a call and see what they say.

LdotAdot13

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Your first payment is due the day you pick it up. You can pay it off as early as you like. If you want to put down 200 you can then pay off the remainder in 12 months.

sent from CletuS the almighty S3

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1369324107535.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1369324107535.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 204

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Your first payment is due the day you pick it up. You can pay it off as early as you like. If you want to put down 200 you can then pay off the remainder in 12 months.

sent from CletuS the almighty S3

On a side note, did you ask that Verizon manager (your post yesterday) about the 32gb S4?????? Yeah......no. :D

jscarano

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Damn. Im glad I called the store they said I cant do it since Im still in a stupid *** contract. This sucks. I guess I have to order from Amazon and put it on my store card. This stupid rezound I have is giving me issues and I need a new phone. argggh

Joe378

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Damn. Im glad I called the store they said I cant do it since Im still in a stupid *** contract. This sucks. I guess I have to order from Amazon and put it on my store card. This stupid rezound I have is giving me issues and I need a new phone. argggh

Seriously? What does being in a contract have to do with this? That sucks.

jscarano

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
They said becuz of the fact im still in contract I cant do it. Just ordered through Amazon . Had to get white one since black had a 2-4 week shipping time. :-(

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Do you mean pay $100 today, then nothing fo 12 months, then the balance? Because I do not think you can do that.

No, you have to put at least the first months payment down plus the $2 monthly fee. Then the remaining balance is spread out over the 11 months. The more you put down ($100 in the OP's case), then less remaining which results in a lower monthly payment.

That would mean no contract too when you use the payment option.

jscarano

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
No, you have to put at least the first months payment down plus the $2 monthly fee. Then the remaining balance is spread out over the 11 months. The more you put down ($100 in the OP's case), then less remaining which results in a lower monthly payment.

That would mean no contract too when you use the payment option.

Yea. Luckily had a Amazon store card available to order the GS4. It should be here tomorrow!

bstrong04

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday I capitalized on the payment plan and only paid the first month $50 plus the $2 fee and taxes.

Since I am buying the phone outright I was able to keep my unlimited data!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac