05-25-2013 08:02 PM
48 12
tools
    False, you can transfer his upgrade to his wifes line and use the upgrade on her line. It isn't "her upgrade" but it would take away the upgrade the OP has without killing his unlimited data. Please don't spread FUD and confuse the OP anymore than they already are and trying to get everything straightened out.
    +1, I did this today.
    Premium1 likes this.
    05-24-2013 04:57 PM
    False, you can transfer his upgrade to his wifes line and use the upgrade on her line. It isn't "her upgrade" but it would take away the upgrade the OP has without killing his unlimited data. Please don't spread FUD and confuse the OP anymore than they already are and trying to get everything straightened out.
    Well if this can be done would sure like to know how. My line has unlimited and is eligible for and upgrade. I have 2 other lines on 2GB plans that are eligible in 08/13.
    I was in store and on phone with Verizon today and was told if I transfer my upgrade I will lose my unlimited data plan.
    So any suggestions would be appreciated. I know I can upgrade at full price but, will wait for dev edition if I have to go that route.
    05-24-2013 05:36 PM
    I was in store and on phone with Verizon today and was told if I transfer my upgrade I will lose my unlimited data plan.
    by the same person who would have you believe you can transfer apps to an SD card. In store reps know much less than folks on this forum, and worse yet, spout information that is absolutely false.
    Premium1 likes this.
    05-24-2013 05:45 PM
    I agree with that which is why I came here. If the answer is persistence I can do that. Is there any suggestion on how to transfer upgrade online/by phone to bypass vzw reps?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    05-24-2013 05:51 PM
    if you search the forums for verizon and unlimited it's pretty easy to find the answer. There is even a post on this forum.
    Premium1 likes this.
    05-24-2013 05:51 PM
    We have 5 phones and use whatever upgrade is available. We did this on my wife's TB and her unlimited didn't change at first. Last month we noticed it went to 2gb with no notice. I just upgraded my ph to S4 using a different line upgrade and the first thing they made clear is that I would lose my unlimited. We have used the upgrade on different line than the one that is eligible at least 3 times without loosing unlimited. I think this was a bug in the system that Verizon has finally caught on to.

Posted via Android Central App
    05-24-2013 05:57 PM
    I transferred my upgrade to a dumb line, activated it, reactivated the old phone and then activated the SGS4 to my unlimited line! Got my new phone and kept my unlimited data! The Verizon reps will not condone this or tell you it is ok. It will work...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
    Premium1 likes this.
    05-24-2013 06:07 PM
    Well if this can be done would sure like to know how. My line has unlimited and is eligible for and upgrade. I have 2 other lines on 2GB plans that are eligible in 08/13.
    So any suggestions would be appreciated. I know I can upgrade at full price but, will wait for dev edition if I have to go that route.
    Check out this thread, shows how you can. http://forums.androidcentral.com/ver...-loophole.html
    05-24-2013 06:46 PM
    Thanks for the replies, I have gone back and read the other forums. Unfortunately still no luck with VZW transferring my upgrade. The line that is eligible is the one with unlimited. All reps on phone and in store tell me I will need to change data plans to upgrade even to transfer it.

05-24-2013 06:56 PM
    I agree with that which is why I came here. If the answer is persistence I can do that. Is there any suggestion on how to transfer upgrade online/by phone to bypass vzw reps?

If you go to my verizon there is an option right under the phones where it says the upgrades for however many phones you have and then there is a thing that says transfer upgrade.
    05-24-2013 08:52 PM
    Thanks for the replies, I have gone back and read the other forums. Unfortunately still no luck with VZW transferring my upgrade. The line that is eligible is the one with unlimited. All reps on phone and in store tell me I will need to change data plans to upgrade even to transfer it.

They're lying to you. I did it the other day and kept my unlimited. You can do it from the website.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    05-25-2013 12:01 AM
    They're lying to you. I did it the other day and kept my unlimited. You can do it from the website.

ok, now I will wait and see. Completed the upgrade online using the 'Transfer Upgrade' option. With the long weekend will need to wait unti Tues/Wed to get phone and activate. As of right now my plan still shows unlimited data.
    05-25-2013 02:30 AM
    Her upgrade was already used, and that contract was renewed. If OP renews the contract on his line (even if activating the phone on her number) it will count as his upgrade, and require his unlimited data to change to tiered.
    05-25-2013 03:24 AM

Eeven if the online system lets you do it, VZW audits regularly and will catch it soon enough.
    05-25-2013 03:26 AM
    Check out this thread, shows how you can. http://forums.androidcentral.com/ver...-loophole.html
    If you look at this thread, you can see that the lone that was being upgraded was NOT the one with unlimited data. That is not the case in THIS thread. OP used his other line's upgrade on the Rezound. That only leaves the line with the unlimited, which renewing the contract on will require a plan change.
    05-25-2013 03:28 AM
    But he's gonna transfer the upgrade to the other line though. As long as he activates it on the other line first he should be fine, I've had a rep even tell me so.

Premium1 likes this.
    05-25-2013 10:56 AM
    When you transfer the upgrade from the unlimited line to a dumbphone line, you only change the plan for the dumbphone. It will ask you to pick a data plan. But this only affects the line you transfered the upgrade to, NOT the unlimited line.
    Premium1 likes this.
    05-25-2013 11:12 AM
    Her upgrade was already used, and that contract was renewed. If OP renews the contract on his line (even if activating the phone on her number) it will count as his upgrade, and require his unlimited data to change to tiered.
    Eeven if the online system lets you do it, VZW audits regularly and will catch it soon enough.
    If you look at this thread, you can see that the lone that was being upgraded was NOT the one with unlimited data. That is not the case in THIS thread. OP used his other line's upgrade on the Rezound. That only leaves the line with the unlimited, which renewing the contract on will require a plan change.
    I'm sorry but you have no idea what you are talking about. Regardless if the other line upgraded recently, he is transfering the upgrade from the line with unlimited data. The unlimited data line will not lose anything since the upgrade is not being used on that line. I have done this multiple times and it worked... You must be a verizon employee, trying to make it seem like they cannot do this when in fact they can and will and from that thread it shows people routinely do this.
    05-25-2013 12:46 PM
    BS. Store manager just told me yesterday that it is inherent to their system and the loophole will stay for quite awhile. I upgraded immediately to the S4 with the loophole and lost nothing. In fact I am going to do it again in September for the Note 3.
    Premium1 likes this.
    05-25-2013 04:23 PM
    I'm sorry but you have no idea what you are talking about. Regardless if the other line upgraded recently, he is transfering the upgrade from the line with unlimited data. The unlimited data line will not lose anything since the upgrade is not being used on that line. I have done this multiple times and it worked... You must be a verizon employee, trying to make it seem like they cannot do this when in fact they can and will and from that thread it shows people routinely do this.
    LOL. Nope, not a Verizon employee. I'd actually rather there be a loophole, as it helps people out. I do, however actually know how it works, and have seen the results. So, feel free to try and insult me all you want, doesn't change a thing.

You can still always use a line that doesn't have the unlimited to upgrade, the swap and keep the unlimited. But once you renew the contract on the unlimited line, you lose eligibility for the unlimited, regardless of what line you swapped the upgrade to:

Line 1(Unlimited line) -> If you upgrade, you lose unlimited

Line 2-> Can upgrade, the swap phone to line 1. Line 2 contract renews, no effect on line 1 contract

is different than:

Line 2 - not eligible for upgrade, no unlimited anyway.

Line 1 (Unlimited) -> Use this line to upgrade line 2 phone. This renews the contract on this line And gives discounted phone to line 2. Device can be swapped back later.

Under Vzw's "new" terms, once you renew the line that has the unlimited, regardless of which line gets the phone that line has to update to the new data plans.

I'm simply trying to put real info out there so that people aren't trying to do the wrong thing and screwing themselves over.
    05-25-2013 06:56 PM
    LOL. Nope, not a Verizon employee. I'd actually rather there be a loophole, as it helps people out. I do, however actually know how it works, and have seen the results. So, feel free to try and insult me all you want, doesn't change a thing.

You can still always use a line that doesn't have the unlimited to upgrade, the swap and keep the unlimited. But once you renew the contract on the unlimited line, you lose eligibility for the unlimited, regardless of what line you swapped the upgrade to:

Line 2-> Can upgrade, the swap phone to line 1. Line 2 contract renews, no effect on line 1 contract

is different than:

Line 1 (Unlimited) -> Use this line to upgrade line 2 phone. This renews the contract on this line And gives discounted phone to line 2. Device can be swapped back later.

Under Vzw's "new" terms, once you renew the line that has the unlimited, regardless of which line gets the phone that line has to update to the new data plans.

I'm simply trying to put real info out there so that people aren't trying to do the wrong thing and screwing themselves over.
    Yes which is what has been said the whole thread. The OP was told to transfer upgrades which means that unlimited line wasn't being upgraded. How hard is that to understand? The OP originally got it with their unlimited line but never activated it and returned it, so it didn't take away unlimited. Not sure where you got anything different but what you said is what has been said for the past couple posts on how they can save unlimited data.... Go re read through my posts you will see what I was saying is how to get around it. Not once did I say to use the upgrade on the unlimited line... Transferring the upgrade is what will save the unlimited....
    05-25-2013 07:02 PM

is different than:

So all the people that it's worked for and the reps that say it's possible are wrong and you're right?

Premium1 likes this.
    05-25-2013 07:57 PM

is different than:

What is this renew the contract you speak of? Never heard of it. My contract runs out and I continue to pay VZW every month and nothing changes. Contract is for the Verizon to ensure it gets its 24 months. I have had wireless contracts that continued for years and never made a change to them.
    Premium1 likes this.
    05-25-2013 08:02 PM
48 12