Upgrading Tbolt to S4 with unlimited

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
But he's gonna transfer the upgrade to the other line though. As long as he activates it on the other line first he should be fine, I've had a rep even tell me so.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

azdmelani

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
When you transfer the upgrade from the unlimited line to a dumbphone line, you only change the plan for the dumbphone. It will ask you to pick a data plan. But this only affects the line you transfered the upgrade to, NOT the unlimited line.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Her upgrade was already used, and that contract was renewed. If OP renews the contract on his line (even if activating the phone on her number) it will count as his upgrade, and require his unlimited data to change to tiered.

Eeven if the online system lets you do it, VZW audits regularly and will catch it soon enough.

If you look at this thread, you can see that the lone that was being upgraded was NOT the one with unlimited data. That is not the case in THIS thread. OP used his other line's upgrade on the Rezound. That only leaves the line with the unlimited, which renewing the contract on will require a plan change.

I'm sorry but you have no idea what you are talking about. Regardless if the other line upgraded recently, he is transfering the upgrade from the line with unlimited data. The unlimited data line will not lose anything since the upgrade is not being used on that line. I have done this multiple times and it worked... You must be a verizon employee, trying to make it seem like they cannot do this when in fact they can and will and from that thread it shows people routinely do this.

z06psi

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
BS. Store manager just told me yesterday that it is inherent to their system and the loophole will stay for quite awhile. I upgraded immediately to the S4 with the loophole and lost nothing. In fact I am going to do it again in September for the Note 3.

bp3dots

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
I'm sorry but you have no idea what you are talking about. Regardless if the other line upgraded recently, he is transfering the upgrade from the line with unlimited data. The unlimited data line will not lose anything since the upgrade is not being used on that line. I have done this multiple times and it worked... You must be a verizon employee, trying to make it seem like they cannot do this when in fact they can and will and from that thread it shows people routinely do this.

LOL. Nope, not a Verizon employee. I'd actually rather there be a loophole, as it helps people out. I do, however actually know how it works, and have seen the results. So, feel free to try and insult me all you want, doesn't change a thing.

You can still always use a line that doesn't have the unlimited to upgrade, the swap and keep the unlimited. But once you renew the contract on the unlimited line, you lose eligibility for the unlimited, regardless of what line you swapped the upgrade to:

Line 1(Unlimited line) -> If you upgrade, you lose unlimited

Line 2-> Can upgrade, the swap phone to line 1. Line 2 contract renews, no effect on line 1 contract

is different than:

Line 2 - not eligible for upgrade, no unlimited anyway.

Line 1 (Unlimited) -> Use this line to upgrade line 2 phone. This renews the contract on this line And gives discounted phone to line 2. Device can be swapped back later.

Under Vzw's "new" terms, once you renew the line that has the unlimited, regardless of which line gets the phone that line has to update to the new data plans.

I'm simply trying to put real info out there so that people aren't trying to do the wrong thing and screwing themselves over.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
LOL. Nope, not a Verizon employee. I'd actually rather there be a loophole, as it helps people out. I do, however actually know how it works, and have seen the results. So, feel free to try and insult me all you want, doesn't change a thing.

You can still always use a line that doesn't have the unlimited to upgrade, the swap and keep the unlimited. But once you renew the contract on the unlimited line, you lose eligibility for the unlimited, regardless of what line you swapped the upgrade to:

Line 2-> Can upgrade, the swap phone to line 1. Line 2 contract renews, no effect on line 1 contract

is different than:

Line 1 (Unlimited) -> Use this line to upgrade line 2 phone. This renews the contract on this line And gives discounted phone to line 2. Device can be swapped back later.

Under Vzw's "new" terms, once you renew the line that has the unlimited, regardless of which line gets the phone that line has to update to the new data plans.

I'm simply trying to put real info out there so that people aren't trying to do the wrong thing and screwing themselves over.

Yes which is what has been said the whole thread. The OP was told to transfer upgrades which means that unlimited line wasn't being upgraded. How hard is that to understand? The OP originally got it with their unlimited line but never activated it and returned it, so it didn't take away unlimited. Not sure where you got anything different but what you said is what has been said for the past couple posts on how they can save unlimited data.... Go re read through my posts you will see what I was saying is how to get around it. Not once did I say to use the upgrade on the unlimited line... Transferring the upgrade is what will save the unlimited....

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site

is different than:

So all the people that it's worked for and the reps that say it's possible are wrong and you're right?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

z06psi

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site

is different than:

What is this renew the contract you speak of? Never heard of it. My contract runs out and I continue to pay VZW every month and nothing changes. Contract is for the Verizon to ensure it gets its 24 months. I have had wireless contracts that continued for years and never made a change to them.