With everything that I'm currently seeing that Verizon has turned off / removed should we write a letter to them showing our concern over changing software on the phone. I very upset that they have "nerfed" the phone

Posted via Android Central App
    05-24-2013 12:29 AM
    With everything that I'm currently seeing that Verizon has turned off / removed should we write a letter to them showing our concern over changing software on the phone. I very upset that they have "nerfed" the phone

What did they get rid of?
    05-24-2013 01:24 AM
    I already wrote an email to Verizon and Samsung, Im not really sure how much its going to do though...
    05-24-2013 01:50 AM
    Sell your carrier S4, buy a Developer Edition.
    05-24-2013 03:15 AM
    What did they get rid of?
    Block mode (Do Not Disturb), changed the WiFi notification toggle to a persistent notification, took away continuous scrolling on the home screen and app drawer...I think that's basically it. I believe there are some other subtle changes that are really nothing to write home about. The block mode is probably the most egregious issue...why would they remove that? There isn't any rhyme or reason that I could think of
    05-24-2013 04:47 AM
    Block mode (Do Not Disturb), changed the WiFi notification toggle to a persistent notification, took away continuous scrolling on the home screen and app drawer...I think that's basically it. I believe there are some other subtle changes that are really nothing to write home about. The block mode is probably the most egregious issue...why would they remove that? There isn't any rhyme or reason that I could think of
    I actually dislike the continuous scroll so I am glad they removed that.
    05-24-2013 06:44 AM
    They probably removed the Samsung stuff so they could put on more of their bloat and not have the free space be any lower
    05-24-2013 07:16 AM
    Better send it by "Air Mail"
    05-24-2013 08:43 AM
    They have removed or changed more like 4 things. While these may not be thing to write home about they are changes never the less

Wifi Toggle
    OCR
    Continouous Scrolling
    Block Mode (cause they want to charge you for thiers)
    05-24-2013 10:29 AM
    Developer edition will cost more.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
    05-24-2013 01:27 PM
    I actually dislike the continuous scroll so I am glad they removed that.
    I'm happy that you're happy. But would you have minded so much if they had left it as an option for those of us who liked it?
    That's the way it was on the S3.
    .jpg likes this.
    05-24-2013 01:36 PM
    Ya just another reason to root your device.

05-24-2013 01:39 PM
    Ya the block mode I wish they had and god knows why they had to make the device annoying by putting the persistent wifi notifications. Really all their changes were unnecessary like there is some dude at verizon with some slight preferences that he liked better.
    MBM7881 likes this.
    05-24-2013 02:12 PM
    i cannot understand why verizon keeps doing this to their devices but they are certainly making it hard to remain a customer the only thing keeping me at this point is their coverage.

after hurricane sandy hit the east coast many cell towers were damaged and at&t in my area at least never regained which is why i am currently with verizon. However i was recently looking into tmobile and their coverage of hspa+ in my area was exceptional so they may have a new customer soon.
    Patrick Schroedl likes this.
    05-24-2013 02:19 PM
    What really upsets me is the fact that they won't consider a nexus experience of the galaxy 4. Developer edition is nice and all because of the unlocked bootloader but only having officially 16/9 gb to work with will not be enough these days I don't care if it does come with an sd card. Give me vanilla on this phone and we'll be okay.
    Plus Verizon won't be subsidizing the developer edition.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    05-24-2013 02:57 PM
    It's not updated you Verizon, It's upon to Samsung and Google. Most consumers could careless about pure android. You are 2% of the population who care this much.

Premium1 and dmaynard83 like this.
    05-24-2013 03:28 PM
    Developer edition will cost more.

Going to cost the same as paying full price from verizon. That is how the s3 developer version was.
    05-24-2013 03:57 PM