Hi all,
    I am a new Android User coming from an iPhone 5 and use a macbook pro.

I do not want to use Kies through Samsung so I downloaded Android File Transfer to my laptop in order to transfer my music from my macbook over to my S4. Everytime I plug in my phone it says unplug and/or restart your phone. Anyone have any ideas or any other easy options to get my music from my macbook over to the S4?

Also, When I open the play music app on the phone there are some preloaded samsung songs, are those able to be deleted/removed?

Thanks in advance.
    05-24-2013 09:57 AM
    Hi all,
    I am a new Android User coming from an iPhone 5 and use a macbook pro.

I do not want to use Kies through Samsung so I downloaded Android File Transfer to my laptop in order to transfer my music from my macbook over to my S4. Everytime I plug in my phone it says unplug and/or restart your phone. Anyone have any ideas or any other easy options to get my music from my macbook over to the S4?

Also, When I open the play music app on the phone there are some preloaded samsung songs, are those able to be deleted/removed?

Thanks in advance.
    not sure about the main problem though. look into using a program called isyncr if you use itunes. as for the other as i don't have mine yet i would look under music (media) on the phone and see if they are there
    tynmagisa likes this.
    05-24-2013 10:57 AM
    Use the app isyncr . Super easy!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Android Central Forums
    05-24-2013 02:08 PM
    Android File Transfer doesn't work with Samsung Galaxy S 3/4 phones and 10.8.x. Something happened that broke it. There was supposedly and update to fix the issue coming for AFT, but it's never materialized.
    05-24-2013 02:29 PM
    I too have a MacBook Pro, I had no problems using Kies... I know you said you didn't want to use it but "IMO", it's free and the new interface is great, oh and it works!
    05-25-2013 10:32 AM
    Kies isn't exactly "easy." Or at least it's not working for me. I've designed hundreds of websites in HTML and Wordpress and I can't figure out how to get my freaking pictures off of my Samsung S4 unto my Mac. I'm NOT very happy about this.

Kies is telling me I need Java. I install Java. And I come back and it still tells me I need Java.
    08-12-2013 12:49 AM