Hi all,

First off I rooted my device as soon as I got my device, and I am also new to android. after that my phone worked fine all day yesterday. today i decided to remove bloatware, or what i presumed was bloatware. I deleted a whole bunch of useless things and my phone still worked fine. then i decided to remove google play books as well as movies and tv. after that I cant connect to the play store and get the following error "
    can't establish a reliable connection to the server". First I tried a factory restore. didnt fix it. I tried removing the sim and just using wifi and vice versa. I tried logging into youtube first and get the same error. I was going to just try and flash a stock rom to it but I dont believe there is a verizon rom available yet. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Michael

EDIT: Can someone with a verizon galaxy s4 make a rom? if so can it be uploaded and sent to me? I will give my email if you can. you would be a life saver.
    05-24-2013 07:33 PM
    It sounds like you probably deleted something that you actually needed. Maybe someone can upload the files that you need to replace to get it working. You have to be really careful just deleting stuff. It's best to rename them with .Bak as the file type at first to make sure it doesn't screw anything up. Guess you'll know for next time.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    05-24-2013 07:49 PM
    I downloaded the lastest google play apk and installed it but it didnt do anything. If it helps anyone solve my issue the setup wizard after factory restore crashes about halfway through.

It sounds like you probably deleted something that you actually needed. Maybe someone can upload the files that you need to replace to get it working. You have to be really careful just deleting stuff. It's best to rename them with .Bak as the file type at first to make sure it doesn't screw anything up. Guess you'll know for next time.

I sent you a pm, maybe you could help me with those files?
    05-24-2013 07:53 PM
    I downloaded the lastest google play apk and installed it but it didnt do anything. If it helps anyone solve my issue the setup wizard after factory restore crashes about halfway through.
    You probably deleted one of the google services or something that ties into the play store hence why you are having issues. Got to be careful with what you delete.
    05-24-2013 08:51 PM
    You probably deleted one of the google services or something that ties into the play store hence why you are having issues. Got to be careful with what you delete.
    any possibility you could backup all the system files and send them to me? maybe even a rom? what should I do to fix this?
    05-24-2013 08:53 PM
    any possibility you could backup all the system files and send them to me? maybe even a rom? what should I do to fix this?
    I don't have the s4 yet. Verizon Samsung Galaxy S 4 Android Development - xda-developers check there, they have all the roms and you should be able to get what you need from there, Hope it helps.
    Michael Gerhart likes this.
    05-24-2013 08:56 PM
    thanks for the lead, it is greatly appreciated.
    Premium1 likes this.
    05-24-2013 08:58 PM
    ya install twrp and install this rom ★ [Rom][I545VRUAMDK][4.2.2] Stock Root Odex/Deodex [05/23/13]★ - xda-developers and you should be good, it's just stock.
    Michael Gerhart likes this.
    05-24-2013 09:08 PM
    Thanks a bunch for this. But the only thing Is, will some of the features that samsung has put in still work? for instance being able to swipe your hand in the air and go to the next page?

Also the links for those files are broken
    05-24-2013 09:14 PM
    This seems to be the stock image right here. I still haven't finished rooting but it says it's one click. Might want to check it out.
    [LINK][ODIN][TAR][VZW]SPH-I454 MKD Stock TAR NO ROOT - xda-developers
    05-24-2013 10:39 PM
    I also found that one but that host is down so I havent been able to try it.
    05-24-2013 11:29 PM
    Check your PMs

05-24-2013 11:41 PM