Hey folks just swapped over from an iphone 4 to the S4 yesterday. Im doing OK with it. Used Easy Sync to get all my contacts, pics and music off iTunes. Wasnt too bad. Got a question. I have a pic of my gf on my lock screen thats the full pic. When I go to my home screen I have it saved as the same pic. But it has that big weather pic up there with clouds or whatever, time/date, temp, location, etc. How to I get rid of that and just keep the full pic with just time/date on it in the white lettering? I have Weather Bug downloaded and it shows the temp up in the toolbar.

Nxt question and I think I have already answered it. I have a 2012 GMC truck and it has the USB port in the center console. I could plug the iPhone up to it and into the bottom port of the phone and charge/play music off the ipod or stream Pandora. Dont seem to be able to do that with the S4. Yes I know I can run a plug from the aux on stereo to aux on phone but dont like the clutter. Any way around all this?

Thanks in advance for any and all help!!
    05-25-2013 06:04 PM
    If you long press on the weather icon on the home screen, the phone will vibrate and give you an option to remove. You can go into widgets (apps, and on the top switch to widgets) to play around with a clock widget if you want one on that screen.
    05-25-2013 06:28 PM
    Ok, Thanks!! got rid of the big dumb weather screen. Went to widgets and there are only like 3 clocks available......is that my only choices?
    05-25-2013 06:40 PM
    There are a trillion clock widgets on the Play Store.

Clockr is among the coolest (and simplest).

As for your truck... you gotta check your truck manual/info on what devices the head unit is compatible with.
    05-25-2013 06:51 PM
    I really like the clock and date on my lock screen. Shows the time, date and also when my alarm is set for. Can anybody tell me what widget that is?
    05-25-2013 08:22 PM
    I really like the clock and date on my lock screen. Shows the time, date and also when my alarm is set for. Can anybody tell me what widget that is?
    You can try JB clock. It has the time, date, and next alarm as well.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
    05-25-2013 08:40 PM
    Thanks Jennifer but thats way too big. Want something transparent so I can see my pic behind it. Something small that fits in the top left or right corner.
    05-25-2013 09:12 PM
    Try transparent weather widget.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums
    05-25-2013 09:15 PM
    Thanks Jennifer but thats way too big. Want something transparent so I can see my pic behind it. Something small that fits in the top left or right corner.
    Jb clock has a widget that is transparent. Press on your home screen, go to widgets, Jb clock, digital clock.

05-25-2013 09:38 PM
    Example:

Attached Thumbnails Help! New Droid user!-uploadfromtaptalk1369532560949.jpg  
    05-25-2013 09:42 PM
    Hey folks just swapped over from an iphone 4 to the S4 yesterday. Im doing OK with it. Used Easy Sync to get all my contacts, pics and music off iTunes. Wasnt too bad. Got a question. I have a pic of my gf on my lock screen thats the full pic. When I go to my home screen I have it saved as the same pic. But it has that big weather pic up there with clouds or whatever, time/date, temp, location, etc. How to I get rid of that and just keep the full pic with just time/date on it in the white lettering? I have Weather Bug downloaded and it shows the temp up in the toolbar.

Nxt question and I think I have already answered it. I have a 2012 GMC truck and it has the USB port in the center console. I could plug the iPhone up to it and into the bottom port of the phone and charge/play music off the ipod or stream Pandora. Dont seem to be able to do that with the S4. Yes I know I can run a plug from the aux on stereo to aux on phone but dont like the clutter. Any way around all this?

Thanks in advance for any and all help!!
    First, the galaxy s 4 isn't a Droid, it's a galaxy s.

Second, find a weather widget

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    05-25-2013 09:52 PM
    First, the galaxy s 4 isn't a Droid, it's a galaxy s.

Second, find a weather widget

If you're going to post nonconstructive things, don't bother posting at all.

05-25-2013 09:56 PM
    If you're going to post nonconstructive things, don't bother posting at all.

Actually what he said is correct Samsung doesn't make Droid. Now he could have explained. Do not fault him for that

Droid is a name that Verizon calls a very specific line of phones that run android. While the Samsung does run android it is not considered a Droid phone as it does not come with the moniker of Droid in it.

That being said you could also use a program like beautiful widgets which allow transparencies.

Posted via Android Central App
    The Hustleman likes this.
    05-25-2013 10:17 PM
    I have to agree. We can't make a big issue out of the generic " droid " terminology for Android. It's a common reference by folks coming to the android platform made popular by Verizon and its Droid line/aggressive commercial advertising. They sold the term and it's stuck, give Verizon credit on that
    05-25-2013 10:20 PM
    Actually what he said is correct Samsung doesn't make Droid. Now he could have explained. Do not fault him for that

Droid is a name that Verizon calls a very specific line of phones that run android. While the Samsung does run android it is not considered a Droid phone as it does not come with the moniker of Droid in it.

That being said you could also use a program like beautiful widgets which allow transparencies.

Posted via Android Central App
    I am aware that Samsung is not apart of the droid line,

However, posting something like that, all the whole not including anything else even remotely constructive and failing to inform the OP about the difference in android/droid in a positive way, comes off as rather snarky.

We are all apart of the android community. Being rude to someone else because they aren't aware of something that we may be, is uncalled for and should not be accepted. It sets a bad precedence for new users who may want to ask a question, but are on the fence for fear of it being a "stupid" question, or mocked because of their lack of knowledge. Everyone has to start somewhere.

05-25-2013 10:29 PM
    I have to agree. We can't make a big issue out of the generic " droid " terminology for Android. It's a common reference by folks coming to the android platform made popular by Verizon and its Droid line/aggressive commercial advertising. They sold the term and it's stuck, give Verizon credit on that
    I'd also suggest that we can assume they meant 'droid, in the same way that, "these are not the 'droids you're looking for" is obviously referencing the two androids sitting right behind the old Jedi. In the same way that you can say "math" and we know you mean, "mathematics" even though "math" isn't a real word.

Also, sammy did make a droid, it was awesome called the Charge.

OP, could you tell me if the USB chargers you S4 when you plug it in? Also, does your vehicle come equipped with bluetooth that could be utilized for handsfree calls? Often that system can be utilized for music as well.
    05-25-2013 10:55 PM
    I am aware that Samsung is not apart of the droid line,

However, posting something like that, all the whole not including anything else even remotely constructive and failing to inform the OP about the difference in android/droid in a positive way, comes off as rather snarky.

We are all apart of the android community. Being rude to someone else because they aren't aware of something that we may be, is uncalled for and should not be accepted. It sets a bad precedence for new users who may want to ask a question, but are on the fence for fear of it being a "stupid" question, or mocked because of their lack of knowledge. Everyone has to start somewhere.

I see your point, and I apologize. Let me rephrase that.

The galaxy s4 isn't a Droid. Droid is a particular line of Android phones only available on Verizon wireless. Droid is not interchangeable with Android.

Contrary to popular belief, the 2 terms ARE NOT interchangeable.

It's like calling an ipod touch an iphone. They both run ios, but they are both very different.

We don't call an evo a galaxy s or a one, why? Because they are different lines of phones.

If you want to know if a phone is a Droid or not, look at the name, they always start with "Droid" and here are some examples
    Droid charge by Samsung
    Droid incredible, Droid incredible 2,Droid incredible 4G,Droid DNA, Droid Razr, droid Razr Maxx, Droid, Droid 2,3,and 4 etc.

See the difference now?

05-25-2013 10:58 PM
    Also, not sure if anyone mentioned or not.. many cars/trucks are preprogrammed specifically with the iPod Accessory Protocols, which is how any apple device communicates to a device that's not an apple device. As far as I know (I don't have one to check, so feel free to correct me anyone) the S4 uses MTP (Media Transfer Protocols), which is supported in far less vehicles. My guess is bluetooth will be your best option if your car has it.
    05-25-2013 10:59 PM
    Ive read somewhere that the trucks wont bluetooth music. It will do phone calls and suck. Im not that savy on all this stuff so not sure. I was also told I could put a micro sd card in my phone and save my music to that and it would play it. I settled on the digital clock widget......small and transparent.
    Aquila and Jennifer Stough like this.
    05-26-2013 12:03 AM
    Ive read somewhere that the trucks wont bluetooth music. It will do phone calls and suck. Im not that savy on all this stuff so not sure. I was also told I could put a micro sd card in my phone and save my music to that and it would play it. I settled on the digital clock widget......small and transparent.

Anyway I ended up going with digital clock widget. Perfect, transparent and small. From what I was told on the music deal my trucks bluetooth will not
    Ouch, well glad you got half of it figured out. If I learn anything more about the audio (other than you already know about the aux. cable option) I'll bring it back to you. There's also the after-market stereo option, you could find something that specifically supports MTP via USB, but that's not the same thing exactly as having it just work on that console USB.
    05-26-2013 12:06 AM