Just got my GS4von Saturday, how does it handle music? Where does it store the music files and so on.
    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Android Central Forums
    05-26-2013 03:56 PM
    Congrats on your S4, picked mine up also Saturday morning.
    I installed a 64GB sd card in mine, which is where I am storing my music files.

Posted via Android Central App
    05-26-2013 04:05 PM
    Agree with the SD card... I just connect mine to my PC, then drag and drop your music into a Media folder (create the folder if it's the first time you use this SD card). I personally find this the easiest to work with my music.
    05-26-2013 04:29 PM
    I can assume then the music app will then search for the files at that point and work from there.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Android Central Forums
    05-26-2013 07:49 PM
    I used iSyncr to synch my iTunes on our laptop with my phone onto my SD card. Both the stock music and the Google Play Music apps found all of the songs without me having to do anything.
    05-28-2013 11:24 AM
    Has anybody heard whether Google music pinned to the device is stored on the device memory or the SD card? The only time i use this is on non wifi flights and areas with poor coverage.
    05-28-2013 12:37 PM
    My understanding is that with Google music you can only pin to the internal memory. It makes sense if you think about them trying to avoid you "burning" SD cards with all your music for your friends.
    05-28-2013 12:46 PM
    Was using google all access until yesterday. I stream music often and for some reason all access takes a lot of data to stream. Switched back to spotify yesterday. I pay about 9.99 a month but I rather have that and pin my music when I need to than having to constantly deal with the hassle of connecting my laptop to update my music. I did that with my iphone and ipod for a long time before the existence of cloud and streaming and I hated every second of it.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
    05-28-2013 01:16 PM
    Agree with the SD card... I just connect mine to my PC, then drag and drop your music into a Media folder (create the folder if it's the first time you use this SD card). I personally find this the easiest to work with my music.
    I picked my s4 up the other day, and just took my 32G SD card out of my HTC Thunderbolt and slapped it into the S4. My SD card already had folders that were created by the Thunderbolt. My music was on the SD card in the folders \media\audio and it all pulled up in my player without any problems. I also had audio books and other albums in their own folders under in the audio file. I drag and drop my file through a hard wired connection also.

I imagine it might be more of an android file system, than a specific phone company.
    05-28-2013 04:40 PM