Do S Health and Storybook work on your VZW S4?

dustinfrank

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
S Health and Storybook are simply not working at all for me. I get as far as entering my personal info on S Health, tap start...black screen followed by an error message that S Health stopped. Same basic situation with Storybook. I've cleared data and even gone as far as doing a factory reset....nothing works. Can Samsung update these apps on their own via the Play Store or does it have to be via an OTA? Clearly something is wrong with them and from what I've read in the forums, it seems to be only Verizon phones.

Does anyone with a Verizon S4 have them working properly?

dustinfrank

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
AH HA! Fired up the app again after a few crashes and Samsung had an update notice for it... it was dated May 23, so I guess it finally went through a server cycle and connected. The update has seemed to do away with all issues, and my slightly diminished confidence in Samsung has been restored.

RJV3

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I 'm having the same issue with the s health app and it still crashes.
I go into the play store and I don't even see the app listed?
Where did you go for an update ?
Also, are you rooted or completely stock?

Last edited:

shaw1234

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Had the same problem with Story Album. Here's the fix:

First, pull down your notification shade. I'm betting you do NOT see the date displayed. It seems to be an issue with the date not being recognized by the OS. Now go to settings -> More (Tab) -> Date and Time. Select the date format option and change it. Doesn't matter what you change it to, just change it. Then change it back to what your preferred format is (likely what it was set to initially). Now go back to the Home screen and pull down notification shade. Presto! Date is now showing. Now try to use the Story Album App again. Presto! Works like a charm. Did this and never had another issue. Now go ahead and try out Story Album, then realize it isn't all that great and stop using it forever. But at least the date shows up properly in the notification shade!

shaw1234

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I should also add mine didn't work out of the box. Not rooted, no tinkering. Just broken right from day one until I found this date format setting. There was a thread in the general GS4 forum about this, I wasn't the only one that had the problem. If you Google the issue, you will find a lot of people that had this issue. You would add pictures, then click create and the screen goes black, and comes back with a message that Story Album has stopped working. Guaranteed fail every time.

Overall like this phone, but definitely has it's share of problems.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech