01-24-2015 08:53 AM
31 12
tools
    Same problem here with my Sony receiver. So I still need another controller, i use my app to see whats on and have to use the AV controller to adjust the volume. Seriously thinking of ditching the watchon app and purchasing a better one in the play store.
    That's how mine worked, too. I had to switch to my receiver in WatchOn to control the volume. The IR blaster/Bluetooh in this phone has the ability to mimic the functions of a $300+ Logitech remote but I haven't seen an app that does that, yet, but I honestly haven't looked that hard.
    08-14-2013 08:56 AM
    I sent an email for more help on my issue with watchon, but have not received a reply just yet. Then I discovered smart report for s4 on the play store. All I can say is..... I can control my TV, blu-ray, av receiver, cable box, and my air conditioner in my living room. Sweet!

Rooted S4

so that remote allows you to adjust channels on your tv/cable box by hitting the channel button and adjust volume on ONLY the receiver by hitting the volume button? can you link the app your reffering to?
    08-14-2013 11:55 AM
    Yeah I'm not a fan of that since my receiver volume isn't used (HDMI for every device into the TV. TV into the SoundBar).

Does WatchOn have XB360 support?
    08-14-2013 12:22 PM
    Love the WatchOn....Was at a bar the other night and people are playing those trivia games....It's fun to mess with people by turning off the tv...they have no clue whats going on. thanks Samsung, lol.
    08-14-2013 02:46 PM
    so that remote allows you to adjust channels on your tv/cable box by hitting the channel button and adjust volume on ONLY the receiver by hitting the volume button? can you link the app your reffering to?
    The smart remote for s4 app is available on the play store for $10.00. A bit pricey but worth it IMO. The app allows you to program all your devices. But it doesn't combine all the devices into 1 remote. You can scroll through your programmed remotes and use it accordingly. One plus it has over the watch on app is that it can automatically perform tasks based on certain activities. For example the app automatically muted my receiver when I got a phone call, and un muted when I hung up. Check it out on the play store. Btw, I'm not affiliated with the in anyway, just a satisfies customer. I still can't get over being able to control my air conditioner with my phone... Another advantage over watchon.

Rooted S4
    08-14-2013 06:19 PM
    Hi, I've now spent 2 hrs. trying to get the latest version of Watchon plus app to control a Dish vip722k receiver, to no avail. I've contacted Peel support twice, to no avail. Could you or someone just come out and unequivocally confirm that Watchon or Watchon plus is incompatible with Dish receiver Vip722k. I'm using a Samsung S4. No problem programming other devices, just the Dish Vip722k.
    Thanks
    01-24-2015 08:53 AM
31 12