Watch On

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
It is installed and maybe I'm missing something, but I find it useless. We have Dish Network both in our home and in our RV. Changing channels requires you to move up or down one channel at a time. I can't find any way to select the channel number and then move directly to it. Without that, it's pretty pointless. It does turn on the TV and change the volume levels but that's incidental without full channel controls.

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
It is installed and maybe I'm missing something, but I find it useless. We have Dish Network both in our home and in our RV. Changing channels requires you to move up or down one channel at a time. I can't find any way to select the channel number and then move directly to it. Without that, it's pretty pointless. It does turn on the TV and change the volume levels but that's incidental without full channel controls.

You dont have button labeled 123 along the bottom?

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
The circled button is for Entering numbers for channels.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1369786732312.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1369786732312.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 97

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Must have been one of my "dumb" days when I tried Watch On. Thanks for the details and pictures, sometimes I need 8x10's and drawings with arrows to see the obvious! That does make it more useful and I'll give it another try.

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
The best is messing with tv's at the local bar

Ohhhhh HECK YEAH!!!!!!! I didn't even think about that. And to think I disabled it. This is in itself a noble and worthy calling for the S4! Bars, doctors offices, sports restaurants, everywhere TVs are blaring at you 24/7. I feel like a light has dawned :) Thank you!!!!!!

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like you guys are enjoying WatchON. I just setup my account, and am here to help. Do you guys realize WatchON is a lot more than just a remote? WatchON offers a complete entertainment content experience for live TV, on-demand programming, online content, complementary content and social. We are constantly working on new features too!

DreamSTi

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Sounds like you guys are enjoying WatchON. I just setup my account, and am here to help. Do you guys realize WatchON is a lot more than just a remote? WatchON offers a complete entertainment content experience for live TV, on-demand programming, online content, complementary content and social. We are constantly working on new features too!

You should release a version for the folks who are running a non-touchwiz rom :)

joemontana

May 26, 2013
Visit site
Since I have you here, this is interesting..." WatchON offers a complete entertainment content experience for live TV, on-demand programming, online content, complementary content and social"
I just stopped my directv, it was way to much money for as little TV as I watch. How can I utilize the WatchON to watch TV?

Joe

Do you guys realize WatchON is a lot more than just a remote? WatchON offers a complete entertainment content experience for live TV, on-demand programming, online content, complementary content and social. We are constantly working on new features too!

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I have direct tv, so far I can't figure out how to scroll a whole page at a time instead of one line a time for the guide or dvr page. Anybody know how, or is it not possible? Thanks

If not possible, future update enabling this would be nice.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Since I have you here, this is interesting..." WatchON offers a complete entertainment content experience for live TV, on-demand programming, online content, complementary content and social"
I just stopped my directv, it was way to much money for as little TV as I watch. How can I utilize the WatchON to watch TV?

Joe

Hi Joe,

as mentioned above, to watch Live TV, you need a "cable" or "satellite" provider. If you want to watch shows like "arrested development," or "Monk" etc., you have the option in WatchON to do a search across content types (VOD - movies/TV) and it'll show you what's available to rent/purchase. We are working with some well known content providers (I don't know where you're located), so I'd recommend doing a search within the app, and see what's available. Let me know if I can answer anything else. BTW, follow us @SamsungWatchON for a few upcoming promotions, and updates we are preparing to release :)

Best,

Eric

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I have direct tv, so far I can't figure out how to scroll a whole page at a time instead of one line a time for the guide or dvr page. Anybody know how, or is it not possible? Thanks

If not possible, future update enabling this would be nice.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Shoot me a PM so we can chat. Having a tough time conceptualizing what you're referring to.

Best,

Eric

cliffy223

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Is there a list of which products WatchOn works with. I am only asking because I can get WatchOn to work great with my Sony TV, but I can only use the basic features with my Sony Entertainment system. Any information would be great b/c this is one of my favorite apps on the S4.

tytlyf

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
I have direct tv, so far I can't figure out how to scroll a whole page at a time instead of one line a time for the guide or dvr page. Anybody know how, or is it not possible?
If you go to the DirectTV tab across the top of the remote, hitting the up and down channel scrolls by page. Then you can go up and down each one using the other directional keypad

SuperCK

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site

say what...how do you watch live tv? i have direct tv and when i loaded up the app on my phone it was re-runs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol