01-24-2015 09:53 AM
31 12
tools
    I was wondering if anyone who has a Verizon GS4 can confirm if WatchOn is installed?
    05-28-2013 10:30 AM
    Yes.....
    05-28-2013 10:53 AM
    yes and it works great
    05-28-2013 11:42 AM
    It is installed and maybe I'm missing something, but I find it useless. We have Dish Network both in our home and in our RV. Changing channels requires you to move up or down one channel at a time. I can't find any way to select the channel number and then move directly to it. Without that, it's pretty pointless. It does turn on the TV and change the volume levels but that's incidental without full channel controls.
    05-28-2013 03:40 PM
    It is installed and maybe I'm missing something, but I find it useless. We have Dish Network both in our home and in our RV. Changing channels requires you to move up or down one channel at a time. I can't find any way to select the channel number and then move directly to it. Without that, it's pretty pointless. It does turn on the TV and change the volume levels but that's incidental without full channel controls.
    You dont have button labeled 123 along the bottom?
    racedog likes this.
    05-28-2013 03:58 PM
    The circled button is for Entering numbers for channels.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Attached Thumbnails Watch On-uploadfromtaptalk1369786732312.jpg  
    racedog likes this.
    05-28-2013 08:21 PM
    The best is messing with tv's at the local bar
    Xxw0lfxX and dsignori like this.
    05-29-2013 11:52 AM
    Must have been one of my "dumb" days when I tried Watch On. Thanks for the details and pictures, sometimes I need 8x10's and drawings with arrows to see the obvious! That does make it more useful and I'll give it another try.
    05-29-2013 12:53 PM
    Ohhhhh HECK YEAH!!!!!!! I didn't even think about that. And to think I disabled it. This is in itself a noble and worthy calling for the S4! Bars, doctors offices, sports restaurants, everywhere TVs are blaring at you 24/7. I feel like a light has dawned Thank you!!!!!!
    05-29-2013 01:03 PM
    Sounds like you guys are enjoying WatchON. I just setup my account, and am here to help. Do you guys realize WatchON is a lot more than just a remote? WatchON offers a complete entertainment content experience for live TV, on-demand programming, online content, complementary content and social. We are constantly working on new features too!
    06-24-2013 05:43 PM
    Sounds like you guys are enjoying WatchON. I just setup my account, and am here to help. Do you guys realize WatchON is a lot more than just a remote? WatchON offers a complete entertainment content experience for live TV, on-demand programming, online content, complementary content and social. We are constantly working on new features too!
    You should release a version for the folks who are running a non-touchwiz rom
    06-24-2013 07:02 PM
    Since I have you here, this is interesting..." WatchON offers a complete entertainment content experience for live TV, on-demand programming, online content, complementary content and social"
    I just stopped my directv, it was way to much money for as little TV as I watch. How can I utilize the WatchON to watch TV?

Joe

Do you guys realize WatchON is a lot more than just a remote? WatchON offers a complete entertainment content experience for live TV, on-demand programming, online content, complementary content and social. We are constantly working on new features too!
    06-24-2013 07:07 PM
    You can't. It just lets you know what's on.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    06-24-2013 07:54 PM
    I have direct tv, so far I can't figure out how to scroll a whole page at a time instead of one line a time for the guide or dvr page. Anybody know how, or is it not possible? Thanks

If not possible, future update enabling this would be nice.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
    06-24-2013 10:25 PM
    Since I have you here, this is interesting..." WatchON offers a complete entertainment content experience for live TV, on-demand programming, online content, complementary content and social"
    I just stopped my directv, it was way to much money for as little TV as I watch. How can I utilize the WatchON to watch TV?

Joe
    Hi Joe,

as mentioned above, to watch Live TV, you need a "cable" or "satellite" provider. If you want to watch shows like "arrested development," or "Monk" etc., you have the option in WatchON to do a search across content types (VOD - movies/TV) and it'll show you what's available to rent/purchase. We are working with some well known content providers (I don't know where you're located), so I'd recommend doing a search within the app, and see what's available. Let me know if I can answer anything else. BTW, follow us @SamsungWatchON for a few upcoming promotions, and updates we are preparing to release

Best,

Eric
    07-01-2013 03:51 PM
    I have direct tv, so far I can't figure out how to scroll a whole page at a time instead of one line a time for the guide or dvr page. Anybody know how, or is it not possible? Thanks

If not possible, future update enabling this would be nice.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
    Shoot me a PM so we can chat. Having a tough time conceptualizing what you're referring to.

Best,

Eric
    07-01-2013 03:53 PM
    Is there a list of which products WatchOn works with. I am only asking because I can get WatchOn to work great with my Sony TV, but I can only use the basic features with my Sony Entertainment system. Any information would be great b/c this is one of my favorite apps on the S4.
    07-01-2013 08:18 PM
    I have direct tv, so far I can't figure out how to scroll a whole page at a time instead of one line a time for the guide or dvr page. Anybody know how, or is it not possible?
    If you go to the DirectTV tab across the top of the remote, hitting the up and down channel scrolls by page. Then you can go up and down each one using the other directional keypad
    07-02-2013 11:07 AM
    Ahh... that takes me back to 2003 with my HP iPAQ 2215 and its built in NEVO software & consumer IR, and later PDA Win software (which could use CCF's from Phillips Pronto remotes ) although Nevo was on the previous gen iPAQ's too.
    07-02-2013 08:16 PM
    say what...how do you watch live tv? i have direct tv and when i loaded up the app on my phone it was re-runs.
    07-03-2013 08:34 AM
    say what...how do you watch live tv? i have direct tv and when i loaded up the app on my phone it was re-runs.
    Live TV does not mean New Episodes. Live TV means the programming that is currently in the programming lineup. However, sometimes TV shows say that they are live because they are filming it in real-time (New Year's Rockin Eve), but that is not the context it is being used in here.
    07-05-2013 05:05 PM
    Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong here. I have the watch on app programmed to my TV, blue ray, dvr via cablevision, and my Denon AV receiver. The problem is with the receiver. I can turn it on and off, but I cannot adjust the volume at all. I have no clue as to why this doesn't work. The app gives me a pop up and ask which device I want to control the volume with and naturally I choose the receiver, but again nothing happens when I press the button. I shot over a service ticket but no reply just yet. Can someone tell me what am I doing wrong or am I missing a step here?

Rooted S4
    08-11-2013 10:37 PM
    Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong here. I have the watch on app programmed to my TV, blue ray, dvr via cablevision, and my Denon AV receiver. The problem is with the receiver. I can turn it on and off, but I cannot adjust the volume at all. I have no clue as to why this doesn't work. The app gives me a pop up and ask which device I want to control the volume with and naturally I choose the receiver, but again nothing happens when I press the button. I shot over a service ticket but no reply just yet. Can someone tell me what am I doing wrong or am I missing a step here?

Rooted S4
    Hmm. Perhaps try to reprogram the reciever? This time, the first time it turns the reciever on (or off) ignore it and keep going until the reciever turns off(or on). It sounds like the ir protocol that watchon is trying to use for your reciever sort of works, but isn't the specific one for your receiver, if you're following my logic. Anyway, give it a try. I used to have a tv that would turn on or off with certain codes for universal remotes, but for other functions only a specific code would work.

Posted via Android Central App
    08-12-2013 01:50 AM

Rooted S4
    Same problem here with my Sony receiver. So I still need another controller, i use my app to see whats on and have to use the AV controller to adjust the volume. Seriously thinking of ditching the watchon app and purchasing a better one in the play store.
    08-12-2013 08:07 AM
    Same problem here with my Sony receiver. So I still need another controller, i use my app to see whats on and have to use the AV controller to adjust the volume. Seriously thinking of ditching the watchon app and purchasing a better one in the play store.
    I sent an email for more help on my issue with watchon, but have not received a reply just yet. Then I discovered smart report for s4 on the play store. All I can say is..... I can control my TV, blu-ray, av receiver, cable box, and my air conditioner in my living room. Sweet!

Rooted S4
    08-13-2013 08:59 PM
31 12