Google music always running task

zxphenomenalxz

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
For some reason Google music is always a running task. Doesn't matter if I end it or what I do. Anyone else with this

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1369767239984.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1369767239984.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 37

DioramaMaker

May 2, 2013
Visit site
It does this for me too. I personally disabled it, as I use the built in music player...not a fan of streaming because of the data use.

Vondutch67

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I followed xgman's suggestion and, so far, so good. To do this mikeccc123, go to: apps/settings/more and click on the "application manager". Once launched, scroll down to Google Play Music and select it. Directly underneath the "force stop" button will be a check-box labeled "show notifications" and, deselect it (i.e. no check mark there).

I attempted to fully "disable" the app but kept getting a message reading "do you want to replace this app with the factory version" and, not having any idea what that meant, I settled for just turning off notifications.

mikeccc123

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I followed xgman's suggestion and, so far, so good. To do this mikeccc123, go to: apps/settings/more and click on the "application manager". Once launched, scroll down to Google Play Music and select it. Directly underneath the "force stop" button will be a check-box labeled "show notifications" and, deselect it (i.e. no check mark there).

I attempted to fully "disable" the app but kept getting a message reading "do you want to replace this app with the factory version" and, not having any idea what that meant, I settled for just turning off notifications.

- - - Updated - - -

Great thanks!

mikeccc123

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I actually did replace with factory version before I read your post. Now I cant find it anywhere, I never used it but wondering where it went?

jredecop82

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Doing this won't allow you to play any purchased music though. Unless you transfer it to your computer first. Kinda dumb

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12