Hoping the community may be able to lend a hand here. I am a legit subscriber to Mobile Hotspot through Verizon. My retail S4 arrived and replaced my GNex (preserving unlimited data) and keeping the Hotspot feature.

Activation of my S4 was smooth (clutch phone) and all features work exactly as intended. Smooth scrolling and zero lag (Nova launcher). The only issue I've run into is that the Mobile Hotspot will not allow devices to connect. The phone activates and the computer (Win8 PC) sees the connection perfectly. However, connection can't be established and eventually times out.

This same PC had no issues with my GNex. I called Verizon and tech support updated Hotspot settings on their end, without any success.

Anyone have any ideas? Otherwise, this phone is hands down the best Android device I've ever owned.
    05-29-2013 07:45 PM
    Fixed. Stupid user error. When initially setting up the Hotspot, make sure to "Allow all devices to connect". If you want to restrict to only "Approved" devices later (as I do) don't activate that option until after the setup.
    05-29-2013 08:26 PM
    Fixed. Stupid user error. When initially setting up the Hotspot, make sure to "Allow all devices to connect". If you want to restrict to only "Approved" devices later (as I do) don't activate that option until after the setup.
    Your phone is rooted to open up the mobile hotspot feature am I correct?
    07-03-2013 05:23 AM
    Seems like you shouldn't *have* to that...but good to know!

Your phone is rooted to open up the mobile hotspot feature am I correct?
    No, as the OP stated in his original post, he's a legit subscriber to Verizon MH with an unlimited plan...no rooting is necessary for it to work.
    07-03-2013 10:50 AM
    I had the same issue going from IPhone to SSGal 4. I had to input the MAC address into the "allowed devices" and then it worked. tech couldn't tell me that. I still have an issue connecting my wireless printer though. the printer can't "see" the phone hotspot.
    01-12-2015 10:41 AM