I was checking on my data usage today when I found an entry for Nearby Service using 478mb of data over my Wi-Fi.

When I go into the Nearby Devices settings I don't even have that feature turned on. I unchecked the file types to share and said to block requests from other devices.

The Nearby Devices and Nearby Service applications cannot be frozen.

What is this and why do I need it? Will it only use data over Wi-Fi? I definitely do not want this eating up my Wireless data.
    05-30-2013 12:30 PM
    I was checking on my data usage today when I found an entry for Nearby Service using 478mb of data over my Wi-Fi.

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/ut0ih7ws0jbwfcv/K_rn7TeTsv

When I go into the Nearby Devices settings I don't even have that feature turned on. I unchecked the file types to share and said to block requests from other devices.

The Nearby Devices and Nearby Service applications cannot be frozen.

What is this and why do I need it? Will it only use data over Wi-Fi? I definitely do not want this eating up my Wireless data.
    I noticed the same thing yesterday, except my issue was that "Nearby Services" was killing my battery at a ridiculous rate. This happened pretty much right after I updated a few apps, and I think the culprit for me was Twitter. I uninstalled Twitter and then went into the App Manager and force stopped Nearby Devices and Nearby Services. Finally, I restarted my phone and this did the trick.
    05-30-2013 03:02 PM