I've owned my new S4 for about a week and so far, so good, except for one issue that's really been annoying me. Every day or so, the phone simply stops registering where I am. The weather app (I've tried several) on my phone simply refuses to update. Apps like FourSquare default to my last known location, and don't seem to understand where I am. I live in the NYC area so 4G coverage is not a problem, and I've never had this issue in the past with previous devices. I've tried toggling GPS on and off, but the same issues occur either way.

Restarting the phone seems to fix this problem every time, but it's quite annoying to have to restart my phone once a day just to get the location services acting properly. Is there something here I'm missing?

Many thanks...
    05-30-2013 03:08 PM
    anything you can see that might be interfering with the signal. your case is not metal is it? anything electronic interfering? the phones so new that if its a rotten gps chip it will be a few weeks before that is known for sure.
    05-30-2013 04:57 PM
    I had a similar issue on my Galaxy Nexus with apps and widgets not updating automatically. I found out it was a particular weather widget that was causing itself and all other widgets to stop updating. So I would try to see if it could be a paritcular app that's causing problems.
    05-30-2013 05:28 PM
    Thanks for the replies. I've noticed the issue isn't limited to weather apps or even location. If my phone is on for a while (less than a day is all it takes) without a restart, my Gmail stops pushing new emails too. I have to manually refresh it (though unlike for the weather apps, a manual refresh actually works in this case.)

Again, as soon as I restart the phone, everything returns to normal. Does this sound like a symptom of anything I can fix, or is something physically wrong here? It's frustrating because in every other way I really love the phone.
    05-31-2013 07:51 AM