Hi folks. I have had an Android phone exactly 3 days now (coming from iPhone 4) and I am drooling over how cool it is. I have loaded lots of great apps, I am getting ready to root the phone, and just love the big screen.

Here is my issue: I have a Kenwood bluetooth after market radio in my car. My music in on my microSD card on the phone and I use Google Play Music app to play it. However, then the phone connects through bluetooth to the car, the music doesn't start up automatically like it used to on my iPhone.

Soooooooo.............. What would be the best app to be able to say 'When the phone connects to bluetooth with the car, start this app.

Also............. Slacker and Pandora don't send song information properly to the phone. Actually I think they are but the Kenwood units are still having trouble with bluetooth 4.0 and there is no ETA to fix it. So what I want to know, since I have a mount for the phone, is what app can I use to say if Slacker or Pandora are playing and the phone is plugged in (charging), don't blank the screen? That way I can just use the screen to get song info for Slacker and Pandora until Kenwood gets their proverbial head out of their *** and fixes the issues. It seems most of the other after market manufacturers have already done so.

Thanks so much everyone ........... I will probably be in these forums quite a bit now. Answers to the above questions will help me greatly.

P.S. I bought Tasker today but I don't know if that's the correct app to do the things I want done. I also own CarHome Ultra but don't know if that can do these things either.

Help ! :-) :-) :-)

Rob
    05-30-2013 07:14 PM
    I use Tasker for a number of things... I don't see why that would not work for this. I have no opinion on Slacker or Pandora.
    05-31-2013 08:35 AM
    Hi folks. I have had an Android phone exactly 3 days now (coming from iPhone 4) and I am drooling over how cool it is. I have loaded lots of great apps, I am getting ready to root the phone, and just love the big screen.

Here is my issue: I have a Kenwood bluetooth after market radio in my car. My music in on my microSD card on the phone and I use Google Play Music app to play it. However, then the phone connects through bluetooth to the car, the music doesn't start up automatically like it used to on my iPhone.

Soooooooo.............. What would be the best app to be able to say 'When the phone connects to bluetooth with the car, start this app.

Also............. Slacker and Pandora don't send song information properly to the phone. Actually I think they are but the Kenwood units are still having trouble with bluetooth 4.0 and there is no ETA to fix it. So what I want to know, since I have a mount for the phone, is what app can I use to say if Slacker or Pandora are playing and the phone is plugged in (charging), don't blank the screen? That way I can just use the screen to get song info for Slacker and Pandora until Kenwood gets their proverbial head out of their *** and fixes the issues. It seems most of the other after market manufacturers have already done so.

Thanks so much everyone ........... I will probably be in these forums quite a bit now. Answers to the above questions will help me greatly.

P.S. I bought Tasker today but I don't know if that's the correct app to do the things I want done. I also own CarHome Ultra but don't know if that can do these things either.

Help ! :-) :-) :-)

Rob
    My car (Toyota Tacoma) has BT radio builtin to the factory head unit. Works great with my S4, as it did previously with my S3...when I hit the "AUX" button to go the BT receiver, my phone will automatically start playing via Google Music. What's strange is if I use Pandora instead, that also works, and if I already have Pandora pulled up it will automatically start playing that, however the display on my car stereo continues to display the last song played via the Google Music player. This isn't really a big deal...but it would be nice if it would display what's on Pandora.

Not sure about having the screen remain on...I can tell you that mine times out as it normally does, but I actually prefer this. There is a "Stay Awake" option under the developer options* you could enable, but then you'd have manually turn off the screen whenever the phone is charging.

*To enable the "Developer options", go to Settings --> More (tab at the top) --> About Phone. Scroll down to where it says "Build Number" and click on it 7 times. Exit back out to the settings screen and you'll "Developer options" under the "More" tab.
    05-31-2013 09:27 AM
    I have a Pioneer aftermarket headunit in my car. Unless your headunit supports pandora natively...your songs wont scroll across the display. On mine it will display that last song I played on my sdcard music folder when using pamdora. Nature of the beast. I know there are some Alpine..Kenwood...Pioneer car stereos that are Pandora enabled....mines just not one of them.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
    05-31-2013 01:10 PM
    My Kenwood unit is Pandora enabled. It even has a Pandors button on it. With my iPhone 4 I get song data if connected with a cable but not using bluetooth. Oh well, not a prrfec time world.
    05-31-2013 01:27 PM
    Either headunit needs uodate or your ohone or pandora need updating...something the creator needs to take care of...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
    05-31-2013 02:31 PM
    I have the opposite problem. The headunit on my Prius will automatically make whatever audio app was last running on my S4 start playing if I shift to BT as the headunit source, which almost caused an accident for me.

I had punched up the BT source to hear Google Nav over my car speakers as I was coming up to a complicated interchange. It started to read me directions, then but then the music app kicked it at full volume and startled me. Almost missed the exit, and in heavy traffic, I could have easily hit someone/been hit by someone.

I ended up installing an app (Autorun Manager) that lets me selectively turn off "listeners" on apps to block the headunit from triggering music output. I can handle that manually, thankyouverymuch.
    06-01-2013 07:32 AM
    I use Automateit and it works perfectly.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Android Central Forums
    06-01-2013 09:12 AM