Had my S4 for a little over a week, and LOVE the player controls on the lockscreen when using Google Music or Doggcatcher (or any other music app). Today, they went away. I must have changed some setting or another and turned it off. Now it's driving me F...ing NUTS that they're not there and I can't get them back.

Any suggestions???
    05-30-2013 10:39 PM
    Well, I suppose I know that I'm not crazy anymore. I was just coming here to post that same thing that the little square media player widget on the lockscreen disappeared today. Also noticed that for my IMO app new notifications sort of show up and both of these occurred without updates from any apps. Wonder if Verizon or Samsung pushed something to the device because I did notice some slowdown today and couldn't tell where it was coming from.
    05-30-2013 11:24 PM
    I've tried all kinds of crap with the lockscreen settings.... App settings.... headphone settings.... no luck.
    05-30-2013 11:37 PM
    Dunno why, but I just restarted my phone a few times and for some reason it came back.
    05-31-2013 01:45 AM
    I have this problem also. Sometimes it shows, but most of the time it does not. Yesterday it showed when I played music without any headset connected. When I connected my headset it did not. After trying a few times with and without the headset it does not show at all anymore, and I can not get it back.

Anyone know what this is or how I can enable it again?
    06-29-2013 06:51 AM
    Having the same problem and found a few other instances on the web where people are complaining about this as well!

The music lockscreen widgets (Google Play, Pandora, Spotify) all seem to occasionally not want to show up when media is playing. Any ideas? I'm assuming it's a Samsung problem. Hopefully this is resolved soon, as it is rather annoying.
    07-24-2013 12:58 AM
    Verizon has blocked the lock screen widgets unless you use swipe as your lock screen. I talked to Google and Samsung and they both said that verizon has changed the lock screen.
    07-25-2013 11:42 PM
    Verizon has blocked the lock screen widgets unless you use swipe as your lock screen. I talked to Google and Samsung and they both said that verizon has changed the lock screen.
    Ok, getting a bit sick of Verizon removing things from the S4...

J
    07-26-2013 11:46 AM