WiFi issue?

Ian Harker

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone, I just wanted to check here before I go talk to Verizon about my new GS4.

I've recently noticed that my wifi keeps resetting itself. Every couple minutes (while using the phone), I get interrupted and a "connected to <wifi hotspot>" message appears. This has happened to EVERY hotspot/ap I've connected to. The disconnection only lasts ~2 seconds.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone, I just wanted to check here before I go talk to Verizon about my new GS4.

I've recently noticed that my wifi keeps resetting itself. Every couple minutes (while using the phone), I get interrupted and a "connected to <wifi hotspot>" message appears. This has happened to EVERY hotspot/ap I've connected to. The disconnection only lasts ~2 seconds.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Try going into Settings>Application Manager>swipe over to all apps>scroll down to wifi direct share. Tap on it, and click clear cache. See if that helps.

anon(19981)

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I have a nexus and maxx HD and both devices would do that after receiving jellybean. The fix for me was to open WiFi, then hit menu, advanced, then unchecking the box that says to avoid poor WiFi connections. I was loosing connections three feet from my router until I did this.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Ian Harker

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I have a nexus and maxx HD and both devices would do that after receiving jellybean. The fix for me was to open WiFi, then hit menu, advanced, then unchecking the box that says to avoid poor WiFi connections. I was loosing connections three feet from my router until I did this.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

I don't seem to have that option.

I just did a factory reset and it did not fix the problem.

Ian Harker

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I just got the phone replaced. They've not heard of my issue.
So far, I've seen it re-appear as I'm typing a text message so I don't know. I've used multiple routers, changed frequencies, and most of them use WPA2 encryption.

The router I'm on at the moment is reporting dropping due to data loss (I'm 5 feet away from the AP). It could be my router, but I've been getting it on every router on my other phone.

Last edited:

Witling

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Dang, this forum is making me a little nervous. There is a fairly well known router problem with the Galaxy S4. Samsung has acknowledged this. See, e.g., [URL="Dang, this forum is making me a little nervous. There is a fairly well known router problem with the Galaxy S4. Samsung has acknowledged this. See, e.g., http://www.zdnet.com/samsung-acknowledges-galaxy-s4-wi-fi-connection-problem-7000015431/

Apparently I don't know how to use the Insert URL function. The URL portion went in but I was never offered a chance for the plain text wrapper.

celit88

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problems.

My router is the D-Link DIR-655

Seems disabling the WMM on the router has fixed the issue though.

1. Log in to router
2. Click "advanced" on the top bar
3. Click "advanced wireless" on the left column
4. Make sure "WMM Enable" is not checked
5. Save settings

Ahhhhhh... this phone is nice and fast now!

Last edited:

Ian Harker

May 31, 2013
Visit site
yeah, I don't have a D-Link router. I'm using mikrotik for my apartment, and I have no idea what my uni is using. Ah well. Hopefully the D-Link fix/update will work for me.

shebad89

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Hi all I have a suggestion that I figured out what it may be if you have your phone on power saving turn it off restart your phone And that should work at least it worked for mine I was having the same issue except mines always said configure wifi so I just started turning things off and that's how it worked for me good luck and let me know if that helps

Posted via Android Central App