Calendar(s) - Which one to keep?

Cigar-Junkie

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Over the years and many tries at finding the best calendar, I have ended up with four that I know of on my device and need to clean up as I get multiple notifications for each meeting. I am heavily invested in google so that one makes sense but the sammy one is very readable.

One with a brown border, looks nice and I think it came on the phone.
Business Calendar
Google Calendar
Smooth Calendar

My goal is to use just one. Any help or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: Task organizers are an equal pain to keep up with.

StuartV

Allergic to Stupid
Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I use the Samsung Calendar app. I like it pretty well. I have multiple actual calendars - work (in Exchange), personal (in Exchange), Google account, Facebook. It displays them all, color-coded. And, of course, I can tell it to just show one or any combo, if I don't want to see them all.

Dural

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I use the Samsung Calendar app. I like it pretty well. I have multiple actual calendars - work (in Exchange), personal (in Exchange), Google account, Facebook. It displays them all, color-coded. And, of course, I can tell it to just show one or any combo, if I don't want to see them all.

Same, flawless integration with Google Calendar. So good I abandoned Jorte for the stock.

Cigar-Junkie

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Same, flawless integration with Google Calendar. So good I abandoned Jorte for the stock.
I think I had Jorge way back too. Thanks for the reply. Smooth us gone. Business goes next so its between Sammy and Google now.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Zooks64

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site

Delighted with the stock calendar app as well. So much better in every view than the Google Calendar.

I was HUGELY surprised by this. Never expected to use any stock apps over the Google app.

If only I could put the Samsung Calendar on my Nexus 7...

dwhitman

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm pleasantly surprised at how I strongly prefer the TouchWiz calendar to the stock Android calendar.

My one beef with both of them: no way to move an event from one calendar to another.

hnv

May 21, 2013
Visit site
The only thing the stock calendar lacks is the ability to choose, for example, the screen showing start time as 7 am and ending like 8pm......this way you can see mostly everything for the day on one screen, eliminating scrolling.......

Cigar-Junkie

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I really like the sammy calendar but in the intrest of uniformity across platforms I am going google. I interact with calendar on my phone, Nexus 7, and several computers. That said, after a trial I may rethink the phone option. I do like the black screen reminder for appointments that I believe is the sammy reminder. Thank you for the replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae