I just picked up my S4 today and I can receive but not send text messages. I have tried on wifi and on 4g. Also with stock messaging app and handcent. I have also turned the ohone off and back on. Any other hints/suggestions or maybe a fii do get a kessage failed to send pop up, but no error code or reason.
    06-01-2013 10:22 PM
    I just picked up my S4 today and I can receive but not send text messages. I have tried on wifi and on 4g. Also with stock messaging app and handcent. I have also turned the ohone off and back on. Any other hints/suggestions or maybe a fii do get a kessage failed to send pop up, but no error code or reason.
    Can you make phone calls? 4G/Wifi shouldn't impact messaging unless they're MMS messages. You do have a valid SIM because 4G is working, which means we're likely looking for something in settings. Regular text messages (SMS) are sent via the cellular network, ie. the CDMA connection that phone calls travel on. Is it possible this is because of a low signal area or is this happening everywhere?
    06-02-2013 12:41 AM
    I got it figured out, at some point with my RAZR MAXX I had put a *67 in front of this number. The RAZR would still text it though, once I removed the *67 it worked fine.
    Aquila likes this.
    06-02-2013 01:29 AM