Hey guys, my buddy just got a new s4 to replace his ancient OG Droid, and he absolutely loves it so far, but there's a problem; the screen. He's not having the issue where there's a purple/ghosting issue, this is different. What it looks like is that on the inside of his screen, along the right section, there's a vertical almost film-looking strip. We cleaned the screen with a bit of elbow grease to make sure it wasn't just gunk left over from the protective cover the phone came with, it's not. It seems like it's on the inside. I snapped a few pics so you can see what's happening. The building we're in is pretty well lit so it's hard to capture it, but you can see it fairly well in the second pic. Do you guys have any suggestions? Keep in mind it's a brand new phone and he's probably just going to exchange it, but I'm curious if this is a common problem, and perhaps if so, there's a simple solution. The pics are attached to the post and we'd appreciate any insight anyone has. Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Screen concern-img_0434.jpg   Screen concern-img_0436.jpg   Screen concern-img_0437.jpg  
    06-02-2013 12:27 PM
    Hey guys, my buddy just got a new s4 to replace his ancient OG Droid, and he absolutely loves it so far, but there's a problem; the screen. He's not having the issue where there's a purple/ghosting issue, this is different. What it looks like is that on the inside of his screen, along the right section, there's a vertical almost film-looking strip. We cleaned the screen with a bit of elbow grease to make sure it wasn't just gunk left over from the protective cover the phone came with, it's not. It seems like it's on the inside. I snapped a few pics so you can see what's happening. The building we're in is pretty well lit so it's hard to capture it, but you can see it fairly well in the second pic. Do you guys have any suggestions? Keep in mind it's a brand new phone and he's probably just going to exchange it, but I'm curious if this is a common problem, and perhaps if so, there's a simple solution. The pics are attached to the post and we'd appreciate any insight anyone has. Thanks!
    I could be wrong but I don't think that's a common problem. You're the first post I've seen with this issue. That's crazy. I initially thought there was a screen protector on it. Weird. He should take it back

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums
    06-02-2013 01:02 PM
    Agreed, it looks like the screen got messed up during manufacturing. These things happen from time to time. I'd take it back and get a replacement.
    06-02-2013 01:27 PM
    Thanks for the reply, MDM7881! We had come to the same conclusion as well, but I'm glad to know someone who's more of an Android guy than I am confirmed it's not a common problem. I tried to use some Google-fu to dig around, but I think what's happening is hard to accurately search for in Google, especially with some of the other common screen problems. Thanks again!
    06-02-2013 03:08 PM