Everytime I want to add a tv it wants to know what service provider I am. Can I skip that?

Thank you
    06-03-2013 05:15 PM
    I don't think you can... it's asking you so that it can display the appropriate guide for that TV and suggest currently playing shows.
    06-03-2013 05:36 PM
    I don't think you can... it's asking you so that it can display the appropriate guide for that TV and suggest currently playing shows.
    Do the programmers ever get together and really think about what they are making?
    06-03-2013 05:48 PM
    they do hehe but sometimes they come up with the strangest things... The thing is, you can NEVER please everybody. To you this is an annoyance; to me, it's worthless because in my country the listings don't even work (which, by the way, means I NEVER get the prompt you get to connect...which gives me an idea haha), but if the feature is there, it means that A LOT of other people like it and find it useful. I can see the appeal...if it worked for me.

So, as for the idea... if you don't want the app to constantly connect or ask you about providers and just take you to the 'juicy' stuff of setting a remote up, why not change the country? I believe there's a setting for that... just select a country that doesn't support WatchOn TV listings (i.e. Mexico) and then, just like for me, it lets you add remotes without even asking if you have a cable subscription. (Of course, this would mean you lose suggestions and TV listings...but maybe that's what you want?)
    06-04-2013 08:52 AM