random sound with out any notifications

JalapenoBizniss

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
I would like to weigh in on this. It's actually none of the settings you guys said. It has to do with the nfc though. If you have a wallet case or put your phone near your wallet it is your debit or credit card trying to connect to your phone. It's like the phone is using samsung pay to try and pay with nfc which it obviously isn't gonna work or do anything. I was having the same issue and I put my card up to my phone multiple times and it made the noise and when I turned my nfc off it didn't make the noise. So it has something to do with the nfc chip in your debit card and your phone trying to use it. If you don't have the card near the phone it will stop.,

Posted via the Android Central App

This isn't my problem (unless my fingers are seeing of the nfc). I have a custom notification (squirtle talking) and it just goes off randomly with no notifications (not the notification reminder setting) nothing is changing with my location settings. Help please

joevar

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site
Hey, I believe it worked!! The accessibility, I was using that option.
Thanks (NOTE 4).

I had to activate my NOTE 4 after sending back the NOTE 7.

Shamsul Islam1

Jun 6, 2017
Visit site
I had the same problem on my S7. It was caused by "Notification reminder". Here's how to switch it off:
- Settings
- Notifications
- At the bottom click on NOTIFICATION REMINDER
- On the next page turn the setting to OFF

Hope that helps

Simon Belfield

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the NFC advice guys, you've just saved my sanity. It turned out to be a contactless debit card I had in my phone case that made my phone bleep incessantly.

Veronica5458

Sep 27, 2017
Visit site
Random sounds

randomly my gs4 makes a little da-do sound. with the phone just sitting there screen off. or while on it. at home on wifi, at work on 4g. i have even looked at times an nothing adds up. no notifications. nothing noticeable. i have checked sound settings, i cant even find the sound to pick as a notification. i set all my apps to no sound notifications except text an its not that. any ideas. i googled but couldnt find it.

1 go into settings

2 click on sounds/vibrations

3 click on Sound Mode..... should be top right

4 click on mute

This will fix it, sometimes it sets it back to sound, just set it back to mute.....

Joyousli

Oct 5, 2017
Visit site
I solved this problem today on my phone. Before that I had set to Silent rather than have annoying beeps literally every minute for no apparent reason. Turned out to be the Swagbucks app so if you have this then try turning off Notifications for it.

drusmom

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
I am having this problem as well... I have turned off the NFC, location services and notifications and it is still happening.... Help!!!

jimmythebike

Jan 1, 2018
Visit site
My S7 notification symptoms: at my home only, notification sound every minute with no notification. Tried all posted fixes to no avail. Focused on location issue & remembered i had unpaired the S7 from Panasonic home phone system Bluetooth. Re-paired them & notification sound stopped. Never saw a notification nor found a notification setting for Bluetoot
h. Made me crazy for a few days!

Piru Lina

Jan 15, 2018
Visit site
Hey Man I can solved your problem
You have to follow some step
1st. Go to your Setting
2nd. Go to Accessibility
3rd. Then Go to Notification reminder
4th. Turn Off if you want reminder off
If you want Reminder interval set 10 minutes or 30 minutes or 1 hour whatever you want
That's it

Pure genius! Thanks!

Mr_JDG

Feb 27, 2018
Visit site
Try looking at Bluetooth. If you have a nearby device to which you have already paired but did not connect (sometimes that happens when you leave the vicinity of the device and then later return), reconnect.

This happens all the time with me when I pair another device. Sometimes a previous device will not reconnect afterwards. So the notification is "Can't reconnect to <device name>" that appears briefly.

niio

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
On samsung oreo, it helps to turn on all notifications for all apps (see notification settings), then notifications from piano tiles game starts appearing, i dismissed them, and that seems to help.

niio

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
On samsung oreo, it helps to turn on all notifications for all apps (see notification settings), then notifications from piano tiles game starts appearing, i dismissed them, and that seems to help.

Ok, above didnt helps, but it shows out (hopefully), that the fake notifications were caused by weather widget. I swiped the weather notification to the right, until the gear icon showed, clicked on it, and disabled the notification in the settings.

Patb919

Jun 26, 2018
Visit site
My sound is a loud Train Whistle. Sounds like we are in s train station. Has been going on for weeks. My hubby thought it was our weather radio. Finally verified what i thought all along. It is my phone. I check it immediately after it makes the sound. Ther are no visible notifications listed. Driving us crazy. I don't even find a train whistle notification sound in anything on my phone.

EmergentSteve

Oct 1, 2018
Visit site
Thanks to everyone on this thread. My phone started making really annoying noises all the time but thanks to this thread I managed to identify the cause. it was my contactless card being kept in the phone case.
I took the card out and the noises stopped.
Sorted. :)

Pacific22

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
1st. Go to your Setting
2nd. Go to Accessibility
If you want Reminder interval set 10 minutes or 30 minutes or 1 hour whatever you want
That's it

There are a lot of good suggestions in this thread, but this is the one that work for me. THANK YOU.
Notification Reminder is at the very bottom of that page.

Richie100

Nov 9, 2018
Visit site
I have had similar random sounds I couldn't figure out which app may be the source . Well thanks to someone who mentioned checking notifications in Yahoo mail I found that was NOT my problem , however there was in the list of settings something labeled "Conversations" . That was turned on and as soon as I turned it to "off" it solved my problem . Hope this helps everyone

Ian Lucas

Dec 14, 2018
Visit site
1st. Go to your Setting
2nd. Go to Accessibility
That's it

This was the fix. Turned it off then back on. Must have just been a glitch and it stuck. But just turning notifications off didn't even help😧. Had to turn the repeat off then back on. Thanks for the find

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay