Verizon Backup Plus

anglerjon

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
I just did a bunch of internet searches and cannot find a way to disable this permanently. Any chance anyone on the S4 has had luck (without rooting the thing)? I am on an exchange server so I don't need to worry about their backup program and don't want it using resources.

anglerjon

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
I can only Force Stop it also and there is nothing on the Verizon Account web page that I can see to disable it. Is the sync service you disabled only for the Verizon backup? And if so can you advise where you disabled it at?

Cigar-Junkie

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, this is something that ticked me off from the start. When I was getting my phone I see the Verizon rep go in and do something with Verizon back up. I said "what did you just do" she said restoring your contacts. I lost it, and told her to turn it off and make it stop. I use gmail to back up and manage personal and business contacts, thousands of them. The last time they tried that I spent hours removing duplicates. I want to make sure the Verizon back up is off and disabled.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I find it useless like tits on a boar hog. I guess a rep turned that crap on with me too. I guess it was easier to do it than ask me first.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, this is something that ticked me off from the start. When I was getting my phone I see the Verizon rep go in and do something with Verizon back up. I said "what did you just do" she said restoring your contacts. I lost it, and told her to turn it off and make it stop. I use gmail to back up and manage personal and business contacts, thousands of them. The last time they tried that I spent hours removing duplicates. I want to make sure the Verizon back up is off and disabled.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I find it useless like tits on a boar hog. I guess a rep turned that crap on with me too. I guess it was easier to do it than ask me first.

This is why I only order online. I've too many headaches dealing with in-store sales reps.

WadeH

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
I am able to turn off the Backup Assistant on my phone, but if you turn it off will all your contacts stay sync with Google anyway or will something else have to be done