I just did a bunch of internet searches and cannot find a way to disable this permanently. Any chance anyone on the S4 has had luck (without rooting the thing)? I am on an exchange server so I don't need to worry about their backup program and don't want it using resources.
    06-04-2013 04:32 PM
    I just went into the manage applications and disabled it from there. Is that not the correct way?
    06-04-2013 05:10 PM
    I just went into the manage applications and disabled it from there. Is that not the correct way?
    That should do it. I've heard reports that some folks need to logon to the Verizon site and disable features from there as well to get it to stop running...
    06-04-2013 05:29 PM
    On mine, the disable is greyed out on Backup Assistant Plus. I can disable the sync service that it uses though.
    06-04-2013 05:48 PM
    I can only Force Stop it also and there is nothing on the Verizon Account web page that I can see to disable it. Is the sync service you disabled only for the Verizon backup? And if so can you advise where you disabled it at?
    06-04-2013 06:52 PM
    On mine, the disable is greyed out on Backup Assistant Plus. I can disable the sync service that it uses though.
    Same here

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
    06-04-2013 07:19 PM
    Yeah, this is something that ticked me off from the start. When I was getting my phone I see the Verizon rep go in and do something with Verizon back up. I said "what did you just do" she said restoring your contacts. I lost it, and told her to turn it off and make it stop. I use gmail to back up and manage personal and business contacts, thousands of them. The last time they tried that I spent hours removing duplicates. I want to make sure the Verizon back up is off and disabled.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    06-09-2013 08:24 AM
    I find it useless like tits on a boar hog. I guess a rep turned that crap on with me too. I guess it was easier to do it than ask me first.
    06-10-2013 02:55 PM
    Yeah, this is something that ticked me off from the start. When I was getting my phone I see the Verizon rep go in and do something with Verizon back up. I said "what did you just do" she said restoring your contacts. I lost it, and told her to turn it off and make it stop. I use gmail to back up and manage personal and business contacts, thousands of them. The last time they tried that I spent hours removing duplicates. I want to make sure the Verizon back up is off and disabled.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    I find it useless like tits on a boar hog. I guess a rep turned that crap on with me too. I guess it was easier to do it than ask me first.
    This is why I only order online. I've too many headaches dealing with in-store sales reps.
    06-10-2013 03:45 PM
    I am able to turn off the Backup Assistant on my phone, but if you turn it off will all your contacts stay sync with Google anyway or will something else have to be done
    06-10-2013 04:42 PM
    Mine is greyed out also. Pain in rear to go in after every shut down and stop the stupid app.
    06-10-2013 06:33 PM