verizon store refuses to sell phone off-contract

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
What Verizon stores were these? I'd like to know if the CSR made his/her supervisor aware of it what this "manager" did.

JQRS

May 8, 2011
Visit site
I caught some flack from the manager of the store I bought my S4 from for buying it out right. I understand that they have a job to do, but no need to be like this about it. They make plenty off my monthly bill...no need to try and tie me down for 2 years as well.

McSkullough

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Not sure why any person or place should be shot. I mean, the guy got his phone. No big deal.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
No, I don't believe the OP really believes someone should be shot. But for the comfort and good of the community, I changed the thread title.

"Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open.? -courtesy of Albus Dumbledore, via my droid DNA.

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
Nope,
I don't believe the OP meant it in the slightest.
But giving recent events....

'Mr. So and So, did you not say this person should be shot?'
'Yes, but I didn't mean it. :('

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Eh, it seems to me like the Verizon store is probably the worst place to buy a phone off-contract. Turning down customers that will just find a different way to spend the money is dumb, but considering how easy it is to find off-contract phones elsewhere it doesn't seem like that big of an inconvenience. There's a whole thread of complaints people have about phone salesmen and you can avoid all of them by ordering online.

Robnrbrtsn

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
I had no trouble buying off contract from the Corp. store. I put it on installment too. No way am I giving up my unlimited data. While the assistant got there in the end, it was a painful process, as she hadn't processed a purchase like that before and asked just about every other employee for help at different points in the transaction. It was launch day and I was her first customer. 75 minutes later I had my phone and kept my old contract.

nj1266

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I am glad I bought my iPhone 5 from the Apple store and not from Verizon. Reserved it online and went and picked it up. I even saved money by not paying the upgrade fee that Verizon charges. If it wasn't for their network coverage, I would have left Verizon a long time ago.

Sent from my iPhone 7

jweimn

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Glad it worked out for you. Its mainly a commission thing but to refuse to sell you the phone is ridiculous that manager should be reprimanded or fired that is not good customer service at all for a manager.

I will say I am not sure why people made a big deal about the previous title? This is the problem in society eve become too soft just because someone types something or post something doesn't make it true or wrong.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Glad it worked out for you. Its mainly a commission thing but to refuse to sell you the phone is ridiculous that manager should be reprimanded or fired that is not good customer service at all for a manager.

I will say I am not sure why people made a big deal about the previous title? This is the problem in society eve become too soft just because someone types something or post something doesn't make it true or wrong.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Cause some need to have thicker skin.....

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
If you have a problem with my changing the thread title, please private message me and we will discuss it there. Otherwise, lets try to keep this thread on track please.

chris2k5

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like the guy may have had an attitude. I paid $649 with no problems

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

I would've given attitude too if they refused to sell me a phone at full retail!

You can bet if it was a woman and she was of minority race, she would've sued Verizon for discrimination.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance