Verizon Store Still Wont Sell Me A Smartphone Without A Contract

the gist... 2 verizon corp stores would not sell him the phone at full retail. Even after a CSR on the phone told them too
    06-05-2013 03:26 PM
    He got the phone from the phone lady. The store employee needed commission.
    06-05-2013 03:51 PM
    What Verizon stores were these? I'd like to know if the CSR made his/her supervisor aware of it what this "manager" did.
    06-05-2013 04:19 PM
    I caught some flack from the manager of the store I bought my S4 from for buying it out right. I understand that they have a job to do, but no need to be like this about it. They make plenty off my monthly bill...no need to try and tie me down for 2 years as well.
    06-05-2013 05:02 PM
    Not sure why any person or place should be shot. I mean, the guy got his phone. No big deal.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    berdinkerdickle likes this.
    06-05-2013 05:08 PM
    Not sure why any person or place should be shot. I mean, the guy got his phone. No big deal.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Looks like the thread title got changed. Good.
    I don't think we should be saying someone should be shot, even in jest.
    06-06-2013 11:19 AM
    Do you really think the Op meant it? Good gawd.....

Posted via Android Central App
    06-06-2013 11:24 AM
    No, I don't believe the OP really believes someone should be shot. But for the comfort and good of the community, I changed the thread title.

"Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open. -courtesy of Albus Dumbledore, via my droid DNA.
    06-06-2013 11:29 AM
    Nope,
    I don't believe the OP meant it in the slightest.
    But giving recent events....

'Mr. So and So, did you not say this person should be shot?'
    'Yes, but I didn't mean it. '
    McSkullough likes this.
    06-06-2013 11:36 AM
    Eh, it seems to me like the Verizon store is probably the worst place to buy a phone off-contract. Turning down customers that will just find a different way to spend the money is dumb, but considering how easy it is to find off-contract phones elsewhere it doesn't seem like that big of an inconvenience. There's a whole thread of complaints people have about phone salesmen and you can avoid all of them by ordering online.
    gnr_2 and comk4ver like this.
    06-06-2013 12:28 PM
    I had no trouble buying off contract from the Corp. store. I put it on installment too. No way am I giving up my unlimited data. While the assistant got there in the end, it was a painful process, as she hadn't processed a purchase like that before and asked just about every other employee for help at different points in the transaction. It was launch day and I was her first customer. 75 minutes later I had my phone and kept my old contract.
    comk4ver likes this.
    06-06-2013 10:56 PM
    I am glad I bought my iPhone 5 from the Apple store and not from Verizon. Reserved it online and went and picked it up. I even saved money by not paying the upgrade fee that Verizon charges. If it wasn't for their network coverage, I would have left Verizon a long time ago.

Sent from my iPhone 7
    gnr_2 likes this.
    06-07-2013 12:00 AM
    Glad it worked out for you. Its mainly a commission thing but to refuse to sell you the phone is ridiculous that manager should be reprimanded or fired that is not good customer service at all for a manager.

I will say I am not sure why people made a big deal about the previous title? This is the problem in society eve become too soft just because someone types something or post something doesn't make it true or wrong.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    The Hustleman likes this.
    06-07-2013 04:42 PM
    Glad it worked out for you. Its mainly a commission thing but to refuse to sell you the phone is ridiculous that manager should be reprimanded or fired that is not good customer service at all for a manager.

I will say I am not sure why people made a big deal about the previous title? This is the problem in society eve become too soft just because someone types something or post something doesn't make it true or wrong.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Cause some need to have thicker skin.....
    06-07-2013 04:57 PM
    If you have a problem with my changing the thread title, please private message me and we will discuss it there. Otherwise, lets try to keep this thread on track please.
    Averix likes this.
    06-07-2013 05:12 PM
    If you have a problem with my changing the thread title, please private message me and we will discuss it there. Otherwise, lets try to keep this thread on track please.
    Only alittle. it still stayed on track

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    06-07-2013 05:27 PM
    I will direct you once again to where I said, if you have a problem *PM* me instead of continuing the conversation on the board.
    06-07-2013 06:58 PM
    Sounds like the guy may have had an attitude. I paid $649 with no problems

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
    06-07-2013 08:28 PM
    Sounds like the guy may have had an attitude. I paid $649 with no problems

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
    I would've given attitude too if they refused to sell me a phone at full retail!

You can bet if it was a woman and she was of minority race, she would've sued Verizon for discrimination.
    comk4ver likes this.
    06-07-2013 09:13 PM
    I would of took that business, that's why I'm glad I'm not on commission!

Sent from my busa.
    06-07-2013 10:21 PM
    I remember paying full retail for a phone at a Verizon store once. The rep rolled his eyes, but that was about it.

Sent from my Panasonic ELUGA
    06-07-2013 11:40 PM
    I tried to buy an iPhone 5 retail from a corp VZW store a couple of weeks ago. The rep said, the sale "wouldn't go through" and phone couldn't be activated because the phone was "in high demand"??? That night I bought a phone outright on apple.com and picked it up the next day at the Apple Store...

I think there is beginning to be enough anecdotal evidence to at least suggest VZW stores may be limiting non-contract (new or extension) sales.

BTW, if you choose, many VZW phones can be purchased retail on Amazon with free-shipping and in some cases tax-free (not making a judgement on whether it's "right" or not, just pointing out reality). This makes the purchase much less than a VZW corp store or VZW.com.
    06-08-2013 10:56 AM
    It could be yet another nail in the coffin for vzw unlimited plans.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    06-08-2013 11:38 AM
    I bought mine at full price, and learned that the reps make NOTHING on that transaction even though I paid full price. He told me they had to ok these types of transactions with their manager. He told me they really make their commission on accessories, and extending or new contracts. I bought my S4 on the first day of sales and had absolutely no problems getting the S4 at full price.
    06-08-2013 12:55 PM
    I worked for VZW for a little bit, pretty much the above is true, the only real commissions were on new lines, upgrades didn't count for much and full retail purchases gave nothing unless you bought extra stuff above the phone. There is no policy to no sell full retail phones, if they refuse it's probably just the manager at the store.
    06-08-2013 07:56 PM