Google Gmail Update

LBTRS

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I was tapping the message preview not the header (the giant letter or contact image). If I tap the message preview it opens rather than multi selects.

From my LG Optimus G E970

Oh, I got rid of the giant letter/contact image and you only have to long press the first time.

RenoD2010

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Okay I just figured out you can refresh simply by swiping down your message list. THAT is very cool. Up until now, I had been tapping my capacitive menu key and then pressing "refresh".

Sent from my LG-E970 using AC Forums mobile app

jaymojones

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
I hate that they took away the ability to check multiple emails in the inbox and then hit the delete key...now it requires a long press.

I don't have to long press at all. I actually just tap the icon on the left side of the emails that I want to delete and then after selecting the ones I want, I hit the menu button and select delete.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1371033627826.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1371033627826.jpg
    241.4 KB · Views: 18

RenoD2010

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I don't have to long press at all. I actually just tap the icon on the left side of the emails that I want to delete and then after selecting the ones I want, I hit the menu button and select delete.

Week hey look at that. Thanks.

Sent from my LG-E970 using AC Forums mobile app

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I hate the latest update forced onto my phone by Google. I can revert back to the prior version, but after a few hours it automatically updates to the newest version that I just removed. How do I turn off this auto-update mode on Gmail?? I have a Galaxy S4.

Interesting thread...

As many have noted, pretty much all the same functionality is still there, though in some cases it's just a matter of choosing a correct setting or learning a new method to achieve it. Personally, I'd recommend getting accustomed to the new version rather than try to cling to an out-dated version and avoiding updates. Eventually you've have no choice but to change, so why not do it now?

Personally, I don't like the contact pictures (I may like them better if they actually showed me contact pic rather generic letters...but still probably wouldn't turn them on), and I was able easily add the delete button back to the top bar. Took me all of a day or two to get used to the new layout.

LBTRS

May 1, 2010
Visit site

Yes, that works if you keep those big boxes with letters. I don't want those things on mine so I disabled them. Now I have to long press or I have it setup to swipe to delete.

And BTW, you get a lot of junk email...;)

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
We can explain all kinds of different alternate ways of doing this... and yet, someone will still say they don't like it.
And most will be the same people that will complain if they did not change anything and say how old this or that app is.