Anyone tried the Qi adapter for this thing?

junglejunkie

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm using one for my S3 and it works great. Obviously it's slightly different in shape, but same concept. You can also get a nice LG Qi charger from Verizon for $39 shipped...that combo sure beats the $90 asking price of the official accessory IMO.

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I have two Qi chargers - the Nokia jobs. I love it with the 928. And $16 shipped is a lot better than $99 for the official one, that adds quite a bit of thickness. I'm hoping to be able to charge through my Spigen case.

addicted2tech

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I didn't even know this existed... just for clarification, you put this in instead of using the Qi battery cover, right? And it doesn't add bulk...

I had the Qi charging system for my LG Revolution when the charging port gave out. I loved the wireless charging, but I didn't like the added thickness (couldn't use my cover) or the weight.

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I didn't even know this existed... just for clarification, you put this in instead of using the Qi battery cover, right? And it doesn't add bulk...

I had the Qi charging system for my LG Revolution when the charging port gave out. I loved the wireless charging, but I didn't like the added thickness (couldn't use my cover) or the weight.

That's the theory. I'm not real confident that theory and practice will agree.

junglejunkie

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
The charging receiver sits on top of the battery, it bulges the back cover ever so slightly but nothing very noticeable. This is my experience with the S3, but I cannot imagine that the S4 would be too different.