Changing Notifications

WadeH

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
I really have two questions. I am new to the forum and I just got the new G4 a couple of weeks ago. I moved over from the Iphone and I really love the G4, to me it is hands down 10 times better. I am having some troubles getting everything set up but I believe that is because I have not had a android in over a couple of years. I will say that is the one thing I tunes did, it made it so easy to load movies and your music over to the phone and any changes you made were transferred over quickly. I tried the new Samsung Smart Switch link with no luck, even the tech support could not get it to work for me, so I manually moved my music over. What is everyone using to sync new music and movies to their phone with?

I did figure out how to change the notifications sound but it seems that I can only get one ringer for the phone ringer and one other ringer for all other notifications. Back when I had the first droid I could set up a different ringer for each email and text so I would know from the sound if it was a personal email or a work email or a text. Does any one know if that can be done on the G4.

WadeH

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Wow I really feel stupid now, I kept looking for it in the general settings and not under each of the accounts. Thanks.

WadeH

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Also thanks for the heads up about Kies, did not know anything about it but I just did a tutorial on it and it looks pretty sweet. Thanks again.

DarkSorrow

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Another heads on for the external MicroSD card structure for media is bellow. Myself I like Ringtone Randomizer. It will play a random ringtone each time the phone rings.

/mnt/extSdCard/Ringtones
/mnt/extSdCard/Alarms
/mnt/extSdCard/Notifications

Then reboot and they will show up

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance