Found this in the general Samsung Galaxy S4 forum. Don't know when or if verizon will allow it or if devs will adjust their apps but still sounds promising

http://www.theverge.com/2013/6/6/440...s-sd-card-apps

Sent from my GT-N8013 using AC Forums mobile app
    06-08-2013 12:05 PM
    Found this in the general Samsung Galaxy S4 forum. Don't know when or if verizon will allow it or if devs will adjust their apps but still sounds promising

Samsung Galaxy S4 update addresses storage complaints with move to SD card feature | The Verge

Sent from my GT-N8013 using AC Forums mobile app
    Yeah.....what had happened was.....lol. It seems Germany will get this first (or maybe rooted devices?) before the U.S. but you know Verizon will be the last one to the plate to release it.
    pwscott likes this.
    06-08-2013 05:45 PM
    Where's my 32GB S4 ?
    06-08-2013 09:53 PM
    Yeah.....what had happened was.....lol. It seems Germany will get this first (or maybe rooted devices?) before the U.S. but you know Verizon will be the last one to the plate to release it.
    As you said, "VZW will be the last on to the plate to release it" If at all, it may just go the way of "Blocking" on VZW phones. VZW is trying to force people to a ROM it looks like more and more all the time. I am starting to see why people just go somewhere else other than VZW and never look back. They either won't sell you the phones you want or they severely cripple the phone you do buy so you can't use it the way it was designed to use by the manufacturer.
    06-09-2013 09:33 AM
    The only users this will help are people that would not have had a problem in the first place, since it only moves the APK file, which is a tiny fraction of newer games and social apps. The data, which is by a vast margin the biggest part of an app is staying in the internal storage. All of the larger apps that would cause a storage problem have a few megabyte APK file, but 500MB to 2GB data files. The update is nothing but a false sense of security for people that need the space. Not to mention all the customer tech issues when people use cheap cards, swap cards, or there is a non user unmount of the card (software hardware error). The non user unmount is not uncommon for Android, but just not noticed much, since media is usually on the sd card and syncs back when the glitch corrects itself. Apps do not sync like that and will vanish from the app drawer until you restart the device.

Do the carriers not know what Samsung is about to bring down on their call centers? The very thing they asked to get rid of will come back with an absolute vengeance.
    06-09-2013 11:34 AM
    As you said, "VZW will be the last on to the plate to release it" If at all, it may just go the way of "Blocking" on VZW phones. VZW is trying to force people to a ROM it looks like more and more all the time. I am starting to see why people just go somewhere else other than VZW and never look back. They either won't sell you the phones you want or they severely cripple the phone you do buy so you can't use it the way it was designed to use by the manufacturer.
    Either Verizon gets their act together or else I'm going to root (although I don't have a clue how to do it, but Phil lives close enough ) or else I may going to another carrier. Verizon simply cripples their devices but on the same token, it seems Verizon users don't have near as many issues with their devices. A love/hate relationship.
    06-09-2013 12:34 PM
    Either Verizon gets their act together or else I'm going to root (although I don't have a clue how to do it, but Phil lives close enough ) or else I may going to another carrier. Verizon simply cripples their devices but on the same token, it seems Verizon users don't have near as many issues with their devices. A love/hate relationship.
    It's super easy to root the phone. They even have a program that walks you through it doing all the commands for you. As I have rooted in the past I chose this option as I knew what I was doing if it failed but other first timers used it also.. It a breeze

Posted via Android Central App
    06-09-2013 04:37 PM
    It's super easy to root the phone. They even have a program that walks you through it doing all the commands for you. As I have rooted in the past I chose this option as I knew what I was doing if it failed but other first timers used it also.. It a breeze

Posted via Android Central App
    That's what I've heard but I guess I'll try it out. haha
    06-09-2013 05:49 PM
    I am waiting on the final version of CM 10.1. They say the CM 10.1 RC5 is stable but I will wait for the final and then I will do it to my phone cause I think it will be 1 year old by then. I also want to get me a back up device like another S3 32gb. Blue ones are hard to find in 32gb not rooted etc.
    06-10-2013 09:53 AM
    I am waiting on the final version of CM 10.1. They say the CM 10.1 RC5 is stable but I will wait for the final and then I will do it to my phone cause I think it will be 1 year old by then. I also want to get me a back up device like another S3 32gb. Blue ones are hard to find in 32gb not rooted etc.
    I haven't rooted mine.
    06-10-2013 12:02 PM