Overrated lag machine

Notsosure

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I have both phones available to me, I disagree; s4 Colors are magnificent, and what does the power button have to do with anything? Panorama is pretty flawless on the s4 - I don't see much of a difference in instagram on either - I'm bored with instagram's filters and use PicSayPro anyway.. All instagram pictures are starting to look the same unless you use a different app.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk.

I agree. Especially on Panorama pic. Took this just the other day.

atuvured.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S4

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I think the lag is definitely present. I find the biggest issue is when I'm typing. I find it sometime has an issue keeping up with me and ends up writing some jumbled mess. I didn't have this issue on my S3 or DNA.

I've got all the Samsung junk I could disable disabled. I've also got all their gimmick crap turned off but a couple things. I also have animations turned off, background processes limited, and I'm running Nova.

And I still see the lag when I'm typing. The slight lag in other stuff is nearly non existent at this point. This is in either Google's keyboard or SwiftKey.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I think the lag is definitely present. I find the biggest issue is when I'm typing. I find it sometime has an issue keeping up with me and ends up writing some jumbled mess. I didn't have this issue on my S3 or DNA.

I've got all the Samsung junk I could disable disabled. I've also got all their gimmick crap turned off but a couple things. I also have animations turned off, background processes limited, and I'm running Nova.

And I still see the lag when I'm typing. The slight lag in other stuff is nearly non existent at this point. This is in either Google's keyboard or SwiftKey.

Are you against rooting?

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I've actually never done it. I'm looking into it, though. Why?

Because you can install a custom ROM - which, unless I'm mistaken, could fix the lag. I am still on sg3 and have been reading about the 4 but am hesitant until some of these things are worked out. I haven't read a lot about this lag yet, but custom ROMs address all of these types of things. Ask around...

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Because you can install a custom ROM - which, unless I'm mistaken, could fix the lag. I am still on sg3 and have been reading about the 4 but am hesitant until some of these things are worked out. I haven't read a lot about this lag yet, but custom ROMs address all of these types of things. Ask around...

Yeah. I've looked into it a little bit. I'm just afraid of completely bricking this. It's a great phone if you take out the bit of lag. The keyboard lag is frustrating as I used to barely look at the keyboard on my DNA and now I sometimes type a huge mess.

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site

I am glad to see that the lag improved after you disabled the Samsung junk, and turned off all of the features of the phone./sarcasm.
That is a shame.:p

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Yeah. I've looked into it a little bit. I'm just afraid of completely bricking this. It's a great phone if you take out the bit of lag. The keyboard lag is frustrating as I used to barely look at the keyboard on my DNA and now I sometimes type a huge mess.

To root and install a custom rom is easy as pie. Most people brick there phone because they don't follow all the directions. The S4 has a toolkit which is as simple as pressing numeric number on your keyboard. You do need to install the samsung drivers but the instructions cover this including a link to the drivers. I'm more then willing to help anyone that needs assistance in doing this.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
To root and install a custom rom is easy as pie. Most people brick there phone because they don't follow all the directions. The S4 has a toolkit which is as simple as pressing numeric number on your keyboard. You do need to install the samsung drivers but the instructions cover this including a link to the drivers. I'm more then willing to help anyone that needs assistance in doing this.

Thanks! I'd take any help I can get. I'm so afraid of messing something up. But I'd like to unleash some of the fury of this phone that gets locked up by Verizon.

DreamSTi

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
For all that are interested in rooting, check out the liquid smooth rom for the S4. It completely transforms the phone.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

Where do we get this toolkit? Thanks for the info.

chris2k5

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I do not agree that the iPhone camera is better, not even close. Are you guys looking at the pics on a PC or just on the device?

Yes I did a comparison on MacRumors. Looked at pictures on both screens and on the PC. The iPhone color representation is better. The S4 photos compared to the iPhone 5 photos look a little washed out. The warmer colors on the iPhone 5 immediately make the photos look more vibrant.

I have both phones available to me, I disagree; s4 Colors are magnificent, and what does the power button have to do with anything? Panorama is pretty flawless on the s4 - I don't see much of a difference in instagram on either - I'm bored with instagram's filters and use PicSayPro anyway.. All instagram pictures are starting to look the same unless you use a different app.

Why are you using a Galaxy S3 when you have both phones available to you? Troll.

The S4 colors are washed out compared to the iPhone 5. I use the phone in landscape to take photos. And I set the volume buttons as my shutter buttons. So when I hold it, the power button is conveniently in the way of where my thumb holds the phone. I missed so many important shots at concerts because of this.

Panorama on the S4 rarely stitches the photos together as well as the iPhone 5. So many of the black lines above and below the photo.

And good for you if you don't like Instagram. Me and millions of others still love it because we have friends on it to share photos with. Now with their video option, no way I am going to use another app.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Yes I did a comparison on MacRumors. Looked at pictures on both screens and on the PC. The iPhone color representation is better. The S4 photos compared to the iPhone 5 photos look a little washed out. The warmer colors on the iPhone 5 immediately make the photos look more vibrant.

Why are you using a Galaxy S3 when you have both phones available to you? Troll.

The S4 colors are washed out compared to the iPhone 5. I use the phone in landscape to take photos. And I set the volume buttons as my shutter buttons. So when I hold it, the power button is conveniently in the way of where my thumb holds the phone. I missed so many important shots at concerts because of this.

Panorama on the S4 rarely stitches the photos together as well as the iPhone 5. So many of the black lines above and below the photo.

And good for you if you don't like Instagram. Me and millions of others still love it because we have friends on it to share photos with. Now with their video option, no way I am going to use another app.

Did you seriously call me a troll? LMFAO..Get a hold of yourself. Read my other posts, I'm a Samsung fan, yes, but definitely not a troll and find your name calling quite offensive. I'm guessing you are a twenty-something. Grow up. ::eyeroll::

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site

Important shots at a concert? No such thing, unless you're a professional selling to Rolling Stone or something. Why aren't you listening to the music? :) Don't be so wrapped up in your phone, man!

Last edited:

804hokie

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm planning to purchase the S4 this weekend, but I've been using smartphones since my iPhone 3G back in 2008. Then had the 3G S. I bought the Droid Bionic to replace that in 2011. Every device I've used, be it Android or iOS has had its share of bloatware. What I really like about Android is the customization; I can eliminate problematic applications and settings in ways that my iPhones couldn't.

I'll say this about my Droid Bionic, however, it wasn't until I rooted it on Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean that it became the smartphone that met my expectations. Now I can eliminate adware, battery draining apps, and other nuisances with ease.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21