Unknown Icon in Notification Bar Above Signal Bars

nausds

May 26, 2013
Visit site
I landed at the airport in Columbus, Ohio the other day and after I turned the phone back on and it connected to the network I was a little surprised when it only connected to 3g as opposed to the normal 4G LTE I have been so used to seeing. At one point when I looked at the phone I saw a weird icon over the signal bars that looked like a little house with small wifi looking bars over it.

I have never seen this icon before and cannot find anything in the manual or anywhere online about it. I also had some issues with the phone not recognizing the 4G LTE signal once I left the airport so I called Verizon support to see what was up.....especially since according to their website the entire area in and around the airport is covered by 4G. I mentioned this icon to the support rep but even he said he has never heard of it nor could he find anything in their knowledge-base about it.

Has anyone else seen that icon or does anyone know what that icon is? I haven't seen it since but am still curious.

And while I'm at it, has anyone else had an issue with this phone not connecting to 4G even though you are in a 4G area?

Thanks!

gotta have it android

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Screenshot? And my guess is that its roaming for some reason
I landed at the airport in Columbus, Ohio the other day and after I turned the phone back on and it connected to the network I was a little surprised when it only connected to 3g as opposed to the normal 4G LTE I have been so used to seeing. At one point when I looked at the phone I saw a weird icon over the signal bars that looked like a little house with small wifi looking bars over it.

I have never seen this icon before and cannot find anything in the manual or anywhere online about it. I also had some issues with the phone not recognizing the 4G LTE signal once I left the airport so I called Verizon support to see what was up.....especially since according to their website the entire area in and around the airport is covered by 4G. I mentioned this icon to the support rep but even he said he has never heard of it nor could he find anything in their knowledge-base about it.

Has anyone else seen that icon or does anyone know what that icon is? I haven't seen it since but am still curious.

And while I'm at it, has anyone else had an issue with this phone not connecting to 4G even though you are in a 4G area?

Thanks!

Go Blue

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
I think you will find that icon appears when you are connected to a Verizon Range Extender as noted by odd above. I have one in my home and that is what I have correlated it to.

nausds

May 26, 2013
Visit site
No screen shot as it was there and gone within minutes after I landed. As far as the range extender, I don't have one of those and on top of that I had just landed and was still inside the plane when it came up. So far I haven't seen it again so maybe I will just chalk it up to a weird event with the phone after I turned it back on.

Thanks for the replies.