I landed at the airport in Columbus, Ohio the other day and after I turned the phone back on and it connected to the network I was a little surprised when it only connected to 3g as opposed to the normal 4G LTE I have been so used to seeing. At one point when I looked at the phone I saw a weird icon over the signal bars that looked like a little house with small wifi looking bars over it.

I have never seen this icon before and cannot find anything in the manual or anywhere online about it. I also had some issues with the phone not recognizing the 4G LTE signal once I left the airport so I called Verizon support to see what was up.....especially since according to their website the entire area in and around the airport is covered by 4G. I mentioned this icon to the support rep but even he said he has never heard of it nor could he find anything in their knowledge-base about it.

Has anyone else seen that icon or does anyone know what that icon is? I haven't seen it since but am still curious.

And while I'm at it, has anyone else had an issue with this phone not connecting to 4G even though you are in a 4G area?

Thanks!
    06-11-2013 08:02 PM
    Screenshot? And my guess is that its roaming for some reason
    I landed at the airport in Columbus, Ohio the other day and after I turned the phone back on and it connected to the network I was a little surprised when it only connected to 3g as opposed to the normal 4G LTE I have been so used to seeing. At one point when I looked at the phone I saw a weird icon over the signal bars that looked like a little house with small wifi looking bars over it.

I have never seen this icon before and cannot find anything in the manual or anywhere online about it. I also had some issues with the phone not recognizing the 4G LTE signal once I left the airport so I called Verizon support to see what was up.....especially since according to their website the entire area in and around the airport is covered by 4G. I mentioned this icon to the support rep but even he said he has never heard of it nor could he find anything in their knowledge-base about it.

Has anyone else seen that icon or does anyone know what that icon is? I haven't seen it since but am still curious.

And while I'm at it, has anyone else had an issue with this phone not connecting to 4G even though you are in a 4G area?

Thanks!
    06-11-2013 08:18 PM
    This happened at my friends house who has a Verizon signal booster. I would chalk it up to that.
    06-11-2013 08:23 PM
    I think you will find that icon appears when you are connected to a Verizon Range Extender as noted by odd above. I have one in my home and that is what I have correlated it to.
    06-11-2013 08:31 PM
    I think you will find that icon appears when you are connected to a Verizon Range Extender as noted by odd above. I have one in my home and that is what I have correlated it to.
    ^this

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
    06-11-2013 09:23 PM
    No screen shot as it was there and gone within minutes after I landed. As far as the range extender, I don't have one of those and on top of that I had just landed and was still inside the plane when it came up. So far I haven't seen it again so maybe I will just chalk it up to a weird event with the phone after I turned it back on.

Thanks for the replies.
    06-12-2013 01:19 PM
    Wondering the same, see screenshot. Currently inside a Starbucks.

Unknown Icon in Notification Bar Above Signal Bars-20171010_090341.jpg
    10-10-2017 10:07 AM