Verizon bloatware?

charkzilla20

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
I did that a long time before I found the one I snapped earlier... Maps is not what you were asking about... it was "Backup+ Media"... the only thing with that icon is "Sync Services"... that is the ONLY icon that looks like that I have running... otherwise there is NO backup type icon.

Woops, I think i mixed up threads :p sorry

n0m0n

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I found a little app called NoBloat.
I used it to backup and delete, but I don't want to get stuck with not being able to restore.
Am I wrong to think that all I need to do it unroot and restore or am I mixing up jailbreaking/rooting methods?

Thanks

DarkSorrow

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I found a little app called NoBloat.
I used it to backup and delete, but I don't want to get stuck with not being able to restore.
Am I wrong to think that all I need to do it unroot and restore or am I mixing up jailbreaking/rooting methods?

Thanks

As long as you can get in to Odin you can do a System Restore. However it's better to use Titanium Backup to freeze such apps instead of delete or remove them because it could cause issues.

whirledpeaz

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I used Titanium backup pro to freeze everything from the list. One of them was the weather widget. I decided I wanted it back. But, even after a defrost and reset of the phone it still is nowhere to be found. Does it rely on something else in that list in order to work?

I have used TiBU to back up all apps and data and TWRP to make a nandroid backup both of which I have copied to my PC. I am still using the stock rom.

Thanks

Don

whirledpeaz

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Well I've since defrosted all the apps that were frozen but the weather widget is STILL not there. Am I going to have to unroot and return to stock to get it back? This seems a little silly?

dapostrophus

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Maybe someone can help me here. I just got a Verizon Galaxy S4, and I've deleted about a metric crapload of apps. But there are some left I have questions about. They're listed below. Any one with a * means I've seen it on other lists saying it's safe to remove, but I'm concerned it might affect the functionality of one thing or another. The ones marked [V] have a characteristic Verizon icon. If anyone can shed any light on any of these apps and why they are or are not okay to delete, I would very much appreciate it.

Briefing
Clock (digital) [widget]
Clock (digital) [another widget]
Collage
DioDictService
Drive
Email
Eraser *
Factory Test *
FWUpgrade *
Google Calendar Sync *
Google Contacts Sync *
Google Partner Setup
Google Play Games
Google Search [widget]
Google+
Group Play
Hangouts
NFC Test *
Photo Screensavers
S Note Provider *
Samsung Calendar SyncAdapter
Samsung Content Agent
Samsung Keyboard
Samsung Updates
SDM
ShareMusic
ShareVideo
ShareShotService
SPG
Sync Service [V]
TouchWiz easy home
TouchWiz home
Verizon Login [V]
Verizon Remote Diagnostics [V]
VMware Ready
Voicemail [V]
VPN Client
VpnDialogs
WlanTest *

kfres39389

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
You can delete these off the top of my head: drive, collage, Google calendar sync, Google contacts sync, Google partner setup, Google play games, Google search widget, Google+, hangouts, photo screensavers, S note provider, Samsung keyboard, Samsung updates, share music, share video, as well as all the print services, the exercise app, NFL, and pretty much anything that sounds as if it isn't absolutely essential for your device's operation. In Rom Toolbox, you can also freeze page buddy notification to stop that irritating notification bar with recommended apps when you plug in an AUX cord.

Ray Wilbur

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Hey I have a Verizon s4 and I deleted a bunch of bloatware and now can't update ota... Is there any way I can retrieve these bloatware apps in a zip file or something? I deleted Samsung hub before and It disabled auto rotate but I was able to download a zip and change the permissions to put it back in my library. Also Which bloatware apps are essential for updating?

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I've got a google spreadsheet with a list of android apps with as much info as I can find. References to safe to freeze/remove, where I believe it came from, links to more info if available etc.: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XXWF4PJsKfc2-n6uSuCmsxHIqiTyMdZpAsuTtmdCR6o

If you want to help update/curate the list send me a message with your google E-mail and I'll give you edit privileges (E-mail address is at the top of the sheet) :)