Hi folks. I have had my Verizon Galaxy S4 for about 3 weeks and I am really loving it. I am coming from an Apple iPhone 4 (jailbroken). I have my phone rooted and I am having fun playing with some really amazing apps (i.e. Tasker).

I maintain a website for a band that I am in (Cover2Cover - Bay Area Band - Home Page). I use quite a bit of flash on the site. I guess sooner or later I will have to recode in HTML 5 but for the time being I haven't done that.

So I decided that I needed Flash support on my new phone. I have read countless forum threads, tried countless browsers and Flash versions, but I really can't get any smooth operation using Flash from any browsers. The best I have done so far is with Firefox; but you have to click each instance of Flash on the page to make it work. While it does indeed work, I find having to do that very tedious.

I am wondering if other people who have gotten Flash running smoothly on their Galaxy S4's could try my website and tell me if the website is the problem or if the operation of my Flash setup on my phone is the problem.

Here are the details:

*** Every web page should have an animated logo at the top (city skyline with fireworks going off)
    *** If you go to the Demo page, each demo should have a right facing colored arrow on the right side that can be clicked to hear the demo.

As I said, using Firefox I can get all of these things to perform correctly if I click each one to make it active. But I would really like to use a browser in which they all just work. I have tried Boat, Dolphin, and Xscope so far.

My Flash code works fine using any PC based browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome).

Can some folks tell me if my site works for you and if so, what are the details of what you have installed on your S4 that has Flash working? I sure would appreciate it.

Thanks ......... Rob
    06-12-2013 05:22 PM
    I downloaded Firefox, then Flash...It runs smoothly for me.
    06-13-2013 09:03 AM
    To be honest, this is part of the reason Adobe discontinued support for Flash on Android...
    06-13-2013 09:42 AM
    I downloaded Firefox, then Flash...It runs smoothly for me.

But you have to click each Flash item on the page to make it active don't you?
    06-13-2013 04:06 PM
    To be honest, this is part of the reason Adobe discontinued support for Flash on Android...
    Understood. I don't want to get into a discussion of whether Flash is good or bad or whether its really going away or not, etc. The fact is I access quite a few websites, one of which is my own, that use Flash. What I would like on my phone is a browser that has Flash support set up and working such that you don't have to click each item to make it show up and work.

Anyone have a browser/Flash setup on their Galaxy S4 that can access my site (listed in above post) and can see the Flash items without having to click anything? All you have to do is look for an animated logo at the top of the home page. That's good enough to tell.

Thanks ...........
    06-13-2013 04:08 PM
    But you have to click each Flash item on the page to make it active don't you?
    No I don't have to do anything. I just open the page and it works. I didn't do anything special either. Sorry you are having
    issues with it.
    06-13-2013 04:30 PM
    No I don't have to do anything. I just open the page and it works. I didn't do anything special either. Sorry you are having
    issues with it.
    Thank you so much for working with me. Once I knew you weren't having to click anything I started looking at all the settings for my version of the browser. Found out there is a Plugins setting that was set to 'Tap to Play'. Once I set it to 'Enabled' everything worked without any clicking.

Thanks again ........ Once again I am a happy Galaxy S4 owner.

Rob
    06-13-2013 05:08 PM