Can someone help me figure out what setting I might have enabled, or come up with an explanation as to why google maps would be sucking my battery dry! It's been consistently using about 65% of my battery for the past week!
    06-13-2013 01:39 PM
    Did you try rebooting???
    06-13-2013 01:48 PM
    Can someone help me figure out what setting I might have enabled, or come up with an explanation as to why google maps would be sucking my battery dry! It's been consistently using about 65% of my battery for the past week!
    my guess is that you have GPS enabled. that could really suck out your phone's life-juice. and running in the background won't help any, either... i would go into settings/apps/running, and stop maps. and then go to settings/location & security and uncheck 'use GPS satellites'
    06-13-2013 01:50 PM
    I've tried rebooting, I don't have gps on, and I've tried to force stop maps, and it just restarts itself. I'm sure this has to be user error on my part.
    06-13-2013 02:15 PM
    I've tried rebooting, I don't have gps on, and I've tried to force stop maps, and it just restarts itself. I'm sure this has to be user error on my part.
    It also could be an app you downloaded... some other app might be doing something to keep this service active. Think about the last few apps you downloaded and maybe remove those until you see this not running so much.
    06-13-2013 03:40 PM
    Try going to Maps > Settings > Location Settings and turn off "Report from this Device", "Enable Location Sharing", "Automatic Check-Ins", and "Enable Location History".
    If that doesn't work. Try rebooting. Then try uninstalling updates on Maps, and reboot, and then install updates for Maps again.
    Remember that you need to charge the battery up to at least 90% in order to reset the battery history. (At least on the s3. I bet it's the same for the S4.)
    If you can briefly plug it in and unplug it to reset the battery history, then press the refresh button every second, see when the Maps app pops up with the usage %. Then quickly go to the application manager in Settings and look at the "Running" tab. Then click on the Maps application and at the bottom you can see the "Main Process in use". Tell us what you find so we can better help.

Also, I suggest purchasing and installing Better Battery Stats from the play store for this kind of stuff.
    Patsean8 likes this.
    06-13-2013 03:49 PM
    It seemed to help greatly having me uninstall, and reinstalling the maps update. Thanks for the help!
    indestructibleguy likes this.
    06-14-2013 01:56 AM