Not able to get Isis wallet to work.

Cigar-Junkie

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I went to Verizon to get a NFC sim card and checked that it is the right one. I set up the account and received the $10.00 credit. I also setup a Chase card. With NFC on it tried it and no go. I then tried it with NFC and S-Beam on, no go. I did have the little green Isis icon in the notification area. The only other thing that I haven't tried is taking the case off. Does anybody know if the NFC will will reach through a OtterBox Commuter case? The case is not that thick and I would think it would work through it.

I am stumped as to what is preventing it from working. Any ideas?

Cigar-Junkie

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Really, 150 views and no one chimes in? This problem is driving me crazy. The only thing I can think of is because it is in test markets Verizon is blocking it here in south Carolina. I doubt it but that's all I got.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

japetty

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Really, 150 views and no one chimes in? This problem is driving me crazy. The only thing I can think of is because it is in test markets Verizon is blocking it here in south Carolina. I doubt it but that's all I got.

Have you tried taking the case off yet. What I have read and that is about all I know is that it will work in most places that they have the system sign for cardless pay such as ISIS and Google Wallet. I sounds to me like you have what you need to use it though. The big fuss that everyone has is they want to use the Google Wallet and they can't all carriers block Google Wallet except Sprint. Sorry I could not help you any more than that. Good Luck with getting it working.

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
Isis is only available in 2 places so you won't get much feedback

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I am using it in Michigan with no problem.

If you see this symbol...

logo-contactless.gif

Then you are good to go.

tiger81t

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I'd like to know as well. When I first installed the ISIS app it said that it could not read the secure element, so I swapped my Verizon SIM for an NFC SIM at my local Verizon store in Los Angeles (it says NFC on the card that you punch the SIM out of), and then ISIS installed fine, and I got the free $10 then free $15 for making my ISIS cash card reloadable. Tried using it at both McDonalds and CVS where they accept PayPal and it's doesn't work. At the CVS machine, the green LED that's normally always illuminated turned off briefly, then turned back on but nothing happened. I've used Google Wallet on my Nexus 7 perfectly fine at CVS and McDonalds in the past. I have yet to be able to use ISIS successfully and am getting pretty frustrated. I'd love to know what successful users are doing to get their ISIS to work! I have both NFC and S-Beam turned on, and do not use a case.

Cigar-Junkie

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I'd like to know as well. When I first installed the ISIS app it said that it could not read the secure element, so I swapped my Verizon SIM for an NFC SIM at my local Verizon store in Los Angeles (it says NFC on the card that you punch the SIM out of), and then ISIS installed fine, and I got the free $10 then free $15 for making my ISIS cash card reloadable. Tried using it at both McDonalds and CVS where they accept PayPal and it's doesn't work. At the CVS machine, the green LED that's normally always illuminated turned off briefly, then turned back on but nothing happened. I've used Google Wallet on my Nexus 7 perfectly fine at CVS and McDonalds in the past. I have yet to be able to use ISIS successfully and am getting pretty frustrated. I'd love to know what successful users are doing to get their ISIS to work! I have both NFC and S-Beam turned on, and do not use a case.

Same here but I haven't tried without the case. I really doubt they would have a NFC that could not go through an 1/8" of plastic case. Just don't feel like holding up the line with "just a second, let me try it without the case" This would be so nice to have for when I am out running without my wallet and want to buy a bottle of water, or a doughnut. MMMM Doughnuts

wolverine2003

May 29, 2010
Visit site
I have been using ISIS Wallet with an Otterbox Defender case on (Georgia). For those having issues, did you touch the "Not Enabled" icon above the ISIS Cash card so it reads "Ready to Pay"? Also, I have always logged into the app before I pay. I know Google Wallet would work from the home screen and then it would prompt you for your PIN, but I haven't tried that with ISIS Wallet yet. I have noticed that the "Ready to Pay" icon shows up in the notification area once I sign in. If I exit the app, the icon goes away. If I just hit the home button, the icon stays on until the time out period (default: 3 minutes). I'm thinking the app may not work unless that icon is up there too, but I have yet to try that method so I could be wrong about it.

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Please be aware that ISIS isn't available everywhere yet. Up until very recently it was only in two test markets. I have had the NFC SIM since pretty much the Note 2 release, but could not use it because it was not available where I was.

https://www.paywithisis.com/where-to-use.xhtml

Even the ISIS site only still shows the two test markets. However it seems there are a few select locations that you can also use it. I will also confirm that my local Verizon store now has card machines that show the symbol ISIS says to look for. Still confused on this being forced on people and them not even allowing Google Wallet. Because I can't use my bank card with ISIS, and the only Credit Card I have that would work is my Business Credit Card, which I refuse to use with ISIS atm.

Zacharyaln08

May 16, 2012
Visit site
I recently purchased the Droid Razr M. Like 2 weeks ago and it has a 4G Sim. I'm wondering if the Isis sim cards say anything to differentiate them from a normal 4G sim card? I only ask because mine does not, and I was able to set up an Isis account here in Jackson, Michigan without any problems. Haven't had a chance to test it yet, because I thought it wouldn't work yet unless I lived in one of the two test areas.

I am using it in Michigan with no problem.

If you see this symbol...

http://www.bankofamerica.co.uk/lib-ui/img/modules/contactless/logo-contactless.gif

Then you are good to go.

But according to you, you are already using it in Michigan, Can i ask where you live? I'm Gonna try it this week somewhere and find out if it works. Thanks in advance.

Cigar-Junkie

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Decided to give it another shot in Raleigh at a vending machine. Pulled up Isis and it needed several updates. After the updates it worked like a charm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo