Backup Before Flashing

thunderclap

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
One of the first things I plan on doing when I get my S4 is installing CleanROM. From my research I can't do a system wide backup before rooting, but I would like to do a backup of the stock Verizon ROM in case I need to return the phone for whatever reason. The problem is, how do I do a backup? I can't seem to find any info on the process other than "reinstall the stock ROM", but how are you suppose to do that if you don't have a backup?

Second question: should I wait a couple days before rooting to ensure the number transfers from my old phone properly?

Jfazyankees13

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
You really can't make this type of backup without being rooted. However, the stock Verizon ROM is available as a flashable (using Odin) file on xda, so if anything goes wrong you can just flash that and the phone's just like new. You can also make a full backup once rooted with a custom recovery. Speaking of custom recoveries, I recommend NOT using TWRP right now as it's causing boot problems with CleanROM. I suggest you use ClockWorkMod until the bugs get worked out of TWRP.

*Edit* You shouldn't have to wait at all before rooting. I rooted mine within the first hour of having the phone :)

thunderclap

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
You really can't make this type of backup without being rooted. However, the stock Verizon ROM is available as a flashable (using Odin) file on xda, so if anything goes wrong you can just flash that and the phone's just like new. You can also make a full backup once rooted with a custom recovery. Speaking of custom recoveries, I recommend NOT using TWRP right now as it's causing boot problems with CleanROM. I suggest you use ClockWorkMod until the bugs get worked out of TWRP.

Good to know. Thanks!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad