My mom was trying to get to her voice mail and once she got there it requested her voice mail password. This is where things got weird. Whenever she tried to type in her password in the dial pad during the call, the voice mail server would not respond and would just prompt her to enter the password again. I'm not sure whether this is a widespread problem or not so could you guys try accessing your voice mails and see if you have a similar problem. Thanks.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app
    06-18-2013 10:46 PM
    I haven't had this problem with the Galaxy S4, but did with my previous Android phone and eventually found a solution by searching online. You need to be careful when using the dial pad during a call that no part of your hand could be covering or shading the phone's proximity sensor, since that sensor can disable the dial pad. When I used the dial pad during a call I would be holding the four fingers I was not using extended toward the top of the phone and if I attempted to enter any number in the top row it would not be recognized. Now I effectively use a fist with only the index finger extended and no longer have any problems.

Larry
    06-25-2013 04:37 PM
    I haven't had this problem with the Galaxy S4, but did with my previous Android phone and eventually found a solution by searching online. You need to be careful when using the dial pad during a call that no part of your hand could be covering or shading the phone's proximity sensor, since that sensor can disable the dial pad. When I used the dial pad during a call I would be holding the four fingers I was not using extended toward the top of the phone and if I attempted to enter any number in the top row it would not be recognized. Now I effectively use a fist with only the index finger extended and no longer have any problems.

Larry
    So your saying it's how she is holding it? LOL
    06-25-2013 04:45 PM