I've rooted my phone, but now I need to know what stock apps can be removed. I will be installing a custom ROM in the coming weeks, but I have to wait until I can buy one a microSD card. Until then I'd like to remove as much clutter as possible.
    06-19-2013 06:25 PM
    You are buying a custom ROM?? Ok. Beyond that. Why don't you look over at XDA at this: [ROM][05/26/2013] Stock Galaxy S4 Firmware [ROOTED/DEODEXED/DEBLOATED] - xda-developers . Or here [ROM][6/9] - CleanROM 1.3 -★| When It Absolutely Positively Has To Be Smooth! |★- - xda-developersThere are a few others doing the same thing. Google it... You could also just get apps for removing bloatware in the Play Store. Also very GOOGLE-ABLE...
    06-20-2013 03:25 PM
    You are buying a custom ROM??
    Woops. Not what I meant. I have to wait to buy a MicroSD card, not a custom ROM. I plan on installing CleanROM or, if it comes out by the time I get my card, the Google Edition ROM if someone posts it.
    06-20-2013 03:55 PM
    Woops. Not what I meant. I have to wait to buy a MicroSD card, not a custom ROM. I plan on installing CleanROM or, if it comes out by the time I get my card, the Google Edition ROM if someone posts it.
    That makes much more sense! I'm running CleanROM and love it! I actually added back some of the removed apps (like MyVerizon), but it runs very well. CR was also my daily driver on my old S3.

Anyway, if you not completely sure about what to remove, one other option is to install Titanium Backup app, which besides allowing you backup and restore apps, will allow you to "freeze" apps, essentially disabling them, but then if something doesn't work right and need to get the app back quickly, you can just un-freeze it. (There are other apps that can do this as well, I'm just familiar with Titanium)
    06-20-2013 04:05 PM