In the notification window with the 15 plus icons I do not see a wifi icon. Does something need to be turn on. I do see "On going" wi-fi
    06-20-2013 07:19 AM
    In the notification window with the 15 plus icons I do not see a wifi icon. Does something need to be turn on. I do see "On going" wi-fi
    In the notification bar, you should see either a wifi icon or a mobile data icon (4G, 3G, or 1X). If you're referring to the quick settings switches in the notification pull-down, it's not there. For whatever reason, Verizon has removed it their version of the S4. Why? My guess is because they want to you turn wifi on and leave it on, but who knows?!? Seems ridiculous if you ask me.
    06-20-2013 09:01 AM
    Thank you...one last question. I currently have my wifi setup at home and have 'auto connect' selected. If I am at a different location will the wifi always try to connect and using my battery usage? Should I just turn it off when i leave my house?
    06-20-2013 10:23 AM
    Thank you...one last question. I currently have my wifi setup at home and have 'auto connect' selected. If I am at a different location will the wifi always try to connect and using my battery usage? Should I just turn it off when i leave my house?
    The short answer is yes...if you leave wifi on it will scan on regular intervals for available networks to connect to. Having said that, I don't believe this drains the battery that much -- if you really want to get the most out of your battery, then you probably would want to turn it off, otherwise you can just leave it on.

If you haven't already, you could check out Snapdragon's Battery Guru app, it uses location cues to turn WIFI on and off for you, based on where you normally use it.
    06-20-2013 11:34 AM
    Additional to pete's comments I'd also add that I have "Auto-connect" unchecked, which then just connects to my known wifi connections and does not connect to any unknown connections. I usually leave my wifi on 24/7 and really only are not connected to a router for an hour or two everyday. It does not really drain the battery very much at all... I think that is minor compared to a regular 4G connect anyways.
    06-20-2013 12:04 PM
    Thx! I just un-checked the auto-connect to try it. I had thought of it differently but like your description.
    08-19-2013 05:10 AM