Come on Verizon...get with it!!

Fk28

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm quickly running out of reasons to stay with Verizon.

Galaxy S4

Verizon: 16gb Black Mist or White Frost. Comes standard with stutter and lag. As of today no updates.

AT&T: 16gb Black Mist, Aurora Red, & White Frost. 32gb Black Mist. Now taking orders for the new S4 Active which is water and dust resistant, available in Dove Gray and Dive Blue. Recent OTA update resolves the lag & stutter issue. The AT&T S4 also has the WiFi toggle and notification blocker that for whatever reason Verizon has chosen to not include.

I have been with Verizon for over 12 years but I am becoming increasingly frustrated with the lack of available choices and subpar product support. To top it off if I upgrade I lose my what was promised to be my grandfathered unlimited data as well. (Yes I know about the dummy line loophole but that's not the point). Right now about the only reason I am still with Verizon is that I get a 20% discount through my employer. I am however beginning to think that the discount might not be worth it.

Verizon really needs to get off its big red A** and get with the program...soon.

Last edited:

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site

Galaxy S4

Verizon: 16gb Black Mist or White Frost. Comes standard with stutter and lag. As of today no updates.

AT&T: 16gb Black Mist, Aurora Red, & White Frost. 32gb Black Mist. Now taking orders for the new S4 Active which is water and dust resistant, available in Dove Gray and Dive Blue. Recent OTA update resolves the lag & stutter issue. The AT&T S4 also has the WiFi toggle and notification blocker that for whatever reason Verizon has chosen to not include.

I have been with Verizon for over 12 years but I am becoming increasingly frustrated with the lack of available choices and subpar product support. To top it off if I upgrade I lose my what was promised to be my grandfathered unlimited data as well. (Yes I know about the dummy line loophole but that's not the point). Right now about the only reason I am still with Verizon is that I get a 20% discount through my employer. I am however beginning to think that the discount might not be worth it.

Verizon really needs to get off its big red A** and get with the program...soon.

Although I pretty much agree with you for the most part on this. I'm not sure that verizon even ackowledges that this site offically exisits. It might be worth it to post it on thier site also

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I'd check with your local AT&T in regards to your employer discount. AT&T didn't show as offering it via their we'd site (via employer email verification) but when I stopped by, they sure did. In fact, they offered 24 percent where Verizon is 22 percent. I'm ready to jump ship as well so I feel your pain.

Posted via Android Central App

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site

Galaxy S4

The "stutter and lag" isn't a Verizon-only thing, apparently it affects all models, though to be honest, my S4 runs smooth as silk. Also, the phone isn't even a month old, and no other US carrier has released any updates either since the Verizon version was released (and given the kernel date is post the release date for the initial update AT&T folks received, I assumed that anything in that update has been applied already...perhaps I'm wrong).

AT&T has a US "exclusive" on the 32GB version, as well as the red version I believe. You can blame Verizon all you want, but I don't think there's even anything they can do about it. (Please correct me if I'm wrong here).

I'm not defending Verizon completely however, the wifi toggle thing (among other annoyances) does bug me.

Funny story...when I bought my S4, I had to switch plans because I still on an unlimited plan. I went through made all the necessary changes to my account and yet, here I am with my S4 a month later and according to Verizon I still have "unlimited" data...not sure what happened there, but I'm not about call them and complain!

Let's face it though, you're not going to get unlimited data anywhere else either...at least not with the same quality and coverage that Verizon provides.

I too wish they had more choices, but that just doesn't seem to be their M.O. Verizon is the largest carrier in the US, and I assure they have the cost analysis to backup their policies. In other words, they already know they'll **** a certain percentage of their users off, and some will even leave and go somewhere else...but they're already willing to allow that to happen because in long run they can make more money by doing it their way. It sucks, but all you can really do is put your money where your mouth is and go somewhere else -- they're certainly not going to bend over backwards to keep you. If you're truly unhappy, that may be your best option.

mountainman

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I am also getting frustrated with Big Red.

It's the lack of updates and the lack of phones. They have always been so slow with regards to testing updates. And their phone selection just stinks (save for the S4).

They are so enamoured still with the whole DROID thing - get over it. It was good back in the day to promote Android, but it has really lost it's way. It's all just a bunch of bloat with little to no advantage for the average comsumer, or even a power user. If they can swindle mfr's to get the DROID branding, they do it. Because that is their brand name, just like iPhone, Galaxy, and One - they have to push the bloat and startup screen sounds to shout "DROID!" - yeah, we know. It's a Verizon phone. It's plastered all over the front and back. We know. Gheeze......

Who knows when they will have the Active, Zoom, or if they will even carry them at all. Add on all the gouging they are doing (been a customer for 13+ years), and I am considering letting my contracts run out, and go AT&T. I am in no way paying them an ETF - they have enough of my money over all these years. I will gladly buy phones full price from someone else, use VZWr network for a while, and jump ship. I'm sure the gouging will still happen, but at least the phone selection and updates will be there. At the expense of perhaps not as good coverage...... That is the kicker.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
We all have had our own little reasons for rants here and there... I guess this is yours. I've been on Sprint, AT&T, T-Mobile and now Verizon... I'm sure in time I might have an issue and find something better at the time... but right now that is not AT&T, Sprint or T-Mobile... I've have been there and done that with all of them over the years.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
We all have had our own little reasons for rants here and there... I guess this is yours. I've been on Sprint, AT&T, T-Mobile and now Verizon... I'm sure in time I might have an issue and find something better at the time... but right now that is not AT&T, Sprint or T-Mobile... I've have been there and done that with all of them over the years.

As I have - you have to pick the carrier that works for you.

japetty

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Although I pretty much agree with you for the most part on this. I'm not sure that verizon even ackowledges that this site offically exisits. It might be worth it to post it on thier site also

VZW rarely visits that site as well. It is peer to peer as it is here. Mods come around and make sure everyone is adhering to the terms of service and edits every ones post that don't and they are very quick at that. They even edited one of my posts because I said something about how crappy the at&t and TMOB was at my house. They just bleed all over it to where it does not make sense to anyone. Don't think that would do much good either. He needs to send an email to VZW corporate executives that do the marketing.

japetty

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

I hear what you are saying as I am always hearing about how great this is with another company and then I go check it out on the web site or stop in and talk with someone at the phone store and then go away thinking that is not that great I have it better with what I have now. I have been with VZW for a long time and I have not found anything better for less money. VZW does not always make me happy but I still have not found something better for me.

Galaxia

May 24, 2013
Visit site
The "stutter and lag" isn't a Verizon-only thing, apparently it affects all models, though to be honest, my S4 runs smooth as silk. Also, the phone isn't even a month old, and no other US carrier has released any updates either since the Verizon version was released (and given the kernel date is post the release date for the initial update AT&T folks received, I assumed that anything in that update has been applied already...perhaps I'm wrong).

AT&T has a US "exclusive" on the 32GB version, as well as the red version I believe. You can blame Verizon all you want, but I don't think there's even anything they can do about it. (Please correct me if I'm wrong here).

I'm not defending Verizon completely however, the wifi toggle thing (among other annoyances) does bug me.

Funny story...when I bought my S4, I had to switch plans because I still on an unlimited plan. I went through made all the necessary changes to my account and yet, here I am with my S4 a month later and according to Verizon I still have "unlimited" data...not sure what happened there, but I'm not about call them and complain!

Let's face it though, you're not going to get unlimited data anywhere else either...at least not with the same quality and coverage that Verizon provides.

I too wish they had more choices, but that just doesn't seem to be their M.O. Verizon is the largest carrier in the US, and I assure they have the cost analysis to backup their policies. In other words, they already know they'll **** a certain percentage of their users off, and some will even leave and go somewhere else...but they're already willing to allow that to happen because in long run they can make more money by doing it their way. It sucks, but all you can really do is put your money where your mouth is and go somewhere else -- they're certainly not going to bend over backwards to keep you. If you're truly unhappy, that may be your best option.

In regards to the Wifi toggle, I don't understand everyone's issue. I'm on a Verizon s4 and although the Wifi "toggle" as you call it isn't in the top part of the drop down status bar menu, it IS there to click on and off just a slight eye scroll down.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463