This is a minor nit to pick but Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 keeps turning its display on when it is plugged in and some event happens which I am assuming is any notification. I don't want to turn off notifications but I do want it to stop turning the display on and instead have the behavior it does when it is not plugged in, that of simply using the notification LED.

I've been unable to find any option that does this but I might be missing it as this is a new version of Android for me.

Is there some way to do this short of rooting the phone?

Thanks
    06-22-2013 11:48 PM
    This is a minor nit to pick but Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 keeps turning its display on when it is plugged in and some event happens which I am assuming is any notification. I don't want to turn off notifications but I do want it to stop turning the display on and instead have the behavior it does when it is not plugged in, that of simply using the notification LED.

I've been unable to find any option that does this but I might be missing it as this is a new version of Android for me.

Is there some way to do this short of rooting the phone?

Thanks

Welcome to the forums!!
    I would guess the short answer to your question is no. The types of things you are discussing are tied to the ROM itself, so just rooting won't solve your problem, flashing another ROM may.
    06-22-2013 11:53 PM
    That's sort of the answer I was expecting. Unlikely flash a new ROM on my phone let alone root it.

Thanks though for the reply and welcome.
    06-23-2013 05:50 PM