missed call notification..make it stop!

joemontana

May 26, 2013
Visit site
I have a red "1" on top of my phone icon, when I pulldown it says i have a missed call.
I've tried:
-Clearing alerts
-restarting phone
-pulling battery
-settings->More->Application Manager->Phone->Clear Data and Clear cache

I still get the missed call notification on my lock screen, pulldown, and home screen.

Any ideas?

Got it! I had to call the number back

madtork

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I've scoured the forums and I can't find anyone with an answer of how to disable missed call notifications in the lock screen.
Anytime I have a missed call and I don't clear it, it will say the contact name of the missed call until I clear it from the call log.

This is driving me crazy.

Someone please help.

droidlouise

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
My experience is that it's literally a bug, or very poorly designed. I get rid of it by going to phone/missed calls, and deleting the one I think it's referring to. The phone gives a msg that makes you think it will delete all call history, but it wont - only that one missed call.

Clifton Michael

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Yes, you can disable the Missed Calls and New Message notifications from appearing on the lockscreen. Install the App - Lockscreen Policy (https://forums.androidcentral.com/e.../store/apps/d...eadminkeyguard&token=gNe-GZsM) from the Google Play Store. After installing the app it will ask you to activate the app as the app needs to be the device Administrator, Allow and Activate the app. Then it will give you 2 options - Disable widgets and Disable Camera. Once you disable the widgets, the notifications will not appear in the lockscreen. I have tried it on my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 running Android 4.3 and it works. But, please note that it will disable all widgets in the lockscreen.

Take care.

Attachments

• Lockscreen Policy.JPG
    Lockscreen Policy.JPG
    10.5 KB · Views: 154

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae