Recent converter...Having Problems

Zach Lyons1

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I have looked all through the threads and can't find a really definitive answer. I was big into group messaging on the iPhone, and I love that I now have a Samsung, but when I was at Verizon, I traded in my iPhone 4S and when the guy took it and restored and shipped it off I didn't turn off iMessage, and since I have 4G now he didn't transfer my old sim card, and got me a new one. Here is what I have tried to get group imessaging to work(I can send, but not receive in the same text message.)

1. Unauthorized the device on iTunes
2. Unregistered the device through apple support.
3. Transfered my SIM into a friend's iphone 4s and turned off iMessage.
4. Turned off iMessage on my iPad.

Now currently a person to person text message an iPhone now sends as a text message, and the friend who is texting me it automatically converts to a text, but still in a group message it hasn't automatically converted, and so I can't receive their texts still. Any thing I can do further?

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
if you have the s4, theres an option within the message or phone settings (my phone is dead right now so i cant provide the exact chain, sorry) that lets you enable group txting responses by either having the replies in the same group message or separately. and like the previous poster said, imessage works only on idevices.

Zach Lyons1

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I know but their phone isn't recognizing that I don't have one, and isn't automatically converting to a standard text message, their phones still think I have my old iPhone

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
if you have the s4, theres an option within the message or phone settings (my phone is dead right now so i cant provide the exact chain, sorry) that lets you enable group txting responses by either having the replies in the same group message or separately. and like the previous poster said, imessage works only on idevices.

If I understand the OP correct, what happens is that his friends that still have an iPhone will send a message, and instead of sending via SMS, it sends via iMessage (which he no longer has), so OP never receives the messages. While I don't have an answer, I believe the question is, what else does he need to do so that Apple's iMessage app (on other people's phones) no longer recognize his number as being from iPhone?

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
if OP's friends are starting the group conversations from their iphones, OP will never see the messages as itll be an imessage for them. if OP starts the group txt by adding his friends, then everyone can participate. OP doesnt need to do anything to change imessage behavior, his friends just cant add his name to their "chat" anymore.

OP, is this making sense to you?

Zach Lyons1

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
It makes sense, and I just tried that, but it didn't work. I got on my two co-workers iphones here at work. deleted our current "test" thread. And I started a group text. I also deleted and reinsterted my name and contact info in their phone.

Theirs still sent back in an iMessage and on their phones are holding their own convo and I am listed on their phones, but not receiving it.

Now when I compose a new message from THEIR iPhone I will start typing in my name and I looked down and people who don't have an iPhone like myself or iMessage(like their phones think I do) don't have a blue quote bubble next to their number. However, I sitll do. That may help guide someone on the forum to a better solution. I have screen shots, but this forum doesnt allow to upload from a computer? is that correct...images can only be uploaded via URL only?

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
It makes sense, and I just tried that, but it didn't work. I got on my two co-workers iphones here at work. deleted our current "test" thread. And I started a group text. I also deleted and reinsterted my name and contact info in their phone.

Theirs still sent back in an iMessage and on their phones are holding their own convo and I am listed on their phones, but not receiving it.

Now when I compose a new message from THEIR iPhone I will start typing in my name and I looked down and people who don't have an iPhone like myself or iMessage(like their phones think I do) don't have a blue quote bubble next to their number. However, I sitll do. That may help guide someone on the forum to a better solution. I have screen shots, but this forum doesnt allow to upload from a computer? is that correct...images can only be uploaded via URL only?

You'll be able to once your post count gets higher.

I know exactly what your saying -- whether it's a group message or a single text, you *should* be able to get it from your Android phone, but you can't because for whatever reason your friend's iPhones still think that you have an iPhone, and therefore want to send the message over Apple's messaging protocol (which you can't get because you no longer have iMessage) instead of over SMS/MMS. It should work. I have friends with iPhones that include me in group messages from iMessage all the time, and it comes straight to my text messages on my Android phone.

I know there have been other threads on this S4 forum about the exact same issue, so try searching around for them. I can't be of too much help because I've never owned an iPhone or iTab. I'm pretty sure it involves having to contact Apple to get them to un-register your phone number as an Apple device from your Apple account.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams