Galaxy S4 vs iPhone when it comes to texting. I need help????

Kyle Whitsett

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
I must be missing something but when im texting pictures i can only text like one or two at a time and i used to be able to do a lot more on the iPhone. Am i doing something wrong or is that the best its going to get? Same thing with video. I used to text long videos to people and now with the S4 it keeps telling me i have to send it via email, bluetooth or wifi? Never had to do that before. Can someone help a brother out here please?

Dr1069

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I hate to say I don't think it's as easy as with the iPhone. I have Galaxy S4 and am ,sadly, regretting it. Trying to stop my daughter from getting this phone as well. I'm waiting for the answer as well..

nancybout

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Try Kii key board. There is also swift key, but Kii is exactly add the iPhone was for me for texting without using the swipe.I love this keyboard, much much more5 the iPhone keyboard. Is amazing... There's a free one, check it out:)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

nancybout

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Oh bye there's a keyboard just like iPhone on the market, not sure about auto correct but..
Idk love Kii LoL

I'm doing both swipe and use my fingers and both are super fast.I spend so much time using this thing that it's picking up words and knows my habits

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Notsosure

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I hate to say I don't think it's as easy as with the iPhone. I have Galaxy S4 and am ,sadly, regretting it. Trying to stop my daughter from getting this phone as well. I'm waiting for the answer as well..

It's definitely not as easy. I switched back to the iPhone 5 for now. I'm the type of person that typically likes every stock as much as possible. The stock keyboard sucks. I ended up using new released google keyboard. That is much easier has a feel for iOS keyboard. Text messaging wise it really sucks. Not sure why at this day and age they still can't provide us with a great stock messaging app on such an advanced device. I really missed iMessage and the simplicity of it so I came back to iPhone. But obviously thats not the only reason. I'm not bashing the s4 in any way. In fact I love the phone and I kept it hoping there will be a fix later bc it is truly a great phone with so much potential to be greater.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I must be missing something but when im texting pictures i can only text like one or two at a time and i used to be able to do a lot more on the iPhone. Am i doing something wrong or is that the best its going to get? Same thing with video. I used to text long videos to people and now with the S4 it keeps telling me i have to send it via email, bluetooth or wifi? Never had to do that before. Can someone help a brother out here please?

I recall participating in a similar thread before, but here goes...

You have to understand that pics taken with today's cameras with high definition are quite large, so for the most part they have to be scaled down to send over text, which is why you can't send multiple files over MMS (which is limited to 1.2MB per message I believe, and a single pic taken at full res on the S4 @ 13 megapixels is 3+MB). Videos even more so, as with high-def recording, even short videos will be much larger than the protocol will allow. Apple's iMessage, which is used to message between iDevices, has a much higher limit (100MB?), so you can attach a lot more pictures and videos don't have to compress nearly as much.

I realize that iPhones do actually allow you send larger files over text (to non-iDevices), as iMessage will attempt (to a certain point) to automatically compress the files to send, however in all honesty, while this may be easier on the user, really isn't the best way to do things anymore. Once the files arrive at their destination, they are usually of a MUCH lower quality.

SMS/MMS is an antiquated protocol given the size of pictures and videos today's device are able to capture. It would be nice if there was a universal solution such as iMessage that all devices could access and use, but there isn't.

Email is generally a much better option for single files of larger size, or it's super easy share out albums from dropbox. You can also very easily upload your high def video to youtube or dropbox and share out the link so the other person can view them in all their hig-def glory.

Notsosure

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Tried going back to the iPhone 5...day 1...switched backed to the s4. I'll live with the text messaging issues....

Sent from my Galaxy S4